First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
From what my guys saw yesterday and told me via text there will need to be a few changes.
But also from what they saw were impressed by the changes in the factory mounting points.

Dude's Jeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Occupation
I deliver spirits in the Rocky Mtns!
Things appear to be different. AEV lifts include a raised rear track bar bracket. From the videos I've seen, the JL has a much higher track bar mounting than the JK. This makes me think the suspension geometry has been adjusted, and that other things are probably also different.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
The suspension geometry is different. It has a higher roll center. You hear it in reviews about how the JL tracks much better than the JK going down the road. One reviewer stated his son used to get sick in the back of the JK. No longer with the JL.

Do not confuse roll center with center of mass. With a higher roll center, the center of mass does not push the car over away from the direction of turn as much. I am sure that it helps with "wobble" and top heavy feeling as well..

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
From what my guys saw yesterday and told me via text there will need to be a few changes.
But also from what they saw were impressed by the changes in the factory mounting points.
I hope changes in mounting points equals further from the axle/longer arms. This would be great.

Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Do you think the "budget lifts" (spacers) will work