Sponsored

Lift Kit For Rubicon JL 4-door running 37's?

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I have the mopar lift with 37s, I got about 2.5" in the front and 3" in the back. At FULL articulation I do rub up front. If you plan on doing a lot of rock crawling I would 100% go bigger than a 2.5" lift as you WILL rub.
I have the “same” lift and tire setup with full bumpers, winch, tire carrier. I wouldn’t want to go any bigger to keep my COG as low as possible....it’s already higher than I’d want it. I believe I’ve cured my light rubbing issues with aftermarket inner fenders and wider spacers. But this lift has done more than what 98% of jeepers will ever wheel. Plus it rides solid on the road.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Danielos2

Danielos2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 4-door Sting-Grey
I initially had a 2.5” RK lift and experienced some minor rubbing in the rear wheel wells with 37’s. I removed the back, lower panels to eliminate the rub. As I added more armor (Metalcloak skid plates and Rock Hard slider) I went to a 3.5” lift to compensate for the additional weight.
So yes, a 2.5” lift will work just fine, until you start adding more items.
I personally like Rock Krawler and Metalcloak lifts, with Clayton being my third choice. The RK lifts offer very stout components with excellent joints and flex. RK lifts are also pretty easy to install.
Thank you, I am leaning greatly toward the Rock Krawler as I am adding other armor as well, it is between RK and TeraFlex, either one I think will do the trick however with the added gear I agree I should go with the 3.5" lift as well, thank you.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I initially had a 2.5” RK lift and experienced some minor rubbing in the rear wheel wells with 37’s. I removed the back, lower panels to eliminate the rub. As I added more armor (Metalcloak skid plates and Rock Hard slider) I went to a 3.5” lift to compensate for the additional weight.
So yes, a 2.5” lift will work just fine, until you start adding more items.
I personally like Rock Krawler and Metalcloak lifts, with Clayton being my third choice. The RK lifts offer very stout components with excellent joints and flex. RK lifts are also pretty easy to install.
If you have any questions on our products feel free to give us a call or shoot us a PM! :)

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you have any questions on our products feel free to give us a call or shoot us a PM! :)
No questions and I apologize if my post alluded to saying Clayton isn’t as good as others. I do use Clayton track bars, but have no experience with your springs. I really like your control arms and track bars, mainly due to the use of the Currie Johnny Joints and not having clevite or poly bushings. You guys make excellent parts, provide excellent customer service, to include frequent involvement on this forum, and have great pricing.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I purchased (wife did) a new 2021 JL Rubicon and want to run 37" tires for rock crawling, will a 2.5" lift kit do it or should I go with a 3" lift, and what lift kit brand is a good one to go with as I see there are many. Would like to see/hear views on this...thank you.
My brother and I both have 2019 JLURs. I went with the Mopar 2” lift with the Fox shocks. I got closer to 2.5” of lift at the driver’s door handle. He installed the Teraflex 3.5” lift with the Falcon shocks, and his Jeep settled almost 1.5” taller than mine. We’re both running 37” KO2s which are actually a bit under 36” tall. Both Jeeps are great, but mine is significantly softer than his, even with the Falcons on the softest setting. He has noticeably more clearance, with plenty of room even at full flex on a lift. He could easily run true 38s, maybe taller.

I haven‘t put my Jeep into full flex, but I have yet to rub in hundreds of miles of easy trails and logging roads. (No rock crawling, but plenty of trips off road, through fields, and over small logs, ditches, and other easy obstacles.)

The Fox shocks are comfortable, but they are soft enough to let you feel the sag in the rear as you accelerate. I’m inclined to upgrade to the falcons when I win the lottery, but otherwise I have no regrets.

Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No questions and I apologize if my post alluded to saying Clayton isn’t as good as others. I do use Clayton track bars, but have no experience with your springs. I really like your control arms and track bars, mainly due to the use of the Currie Johnny Joints and not having clevite or poly bushings. You guys make excellent parts, provide excellent customer service, to include frequent involvement on this forum, and have great pricing.
No didn't take it that way at all :) There are lots of great companies out there who make great products, it's our company's goal of course to have the best products available, and part of that is understanding there are still a lot of people out there who maybe have not heard a lot about us and just simply helping to spread the word along. Appreciate your support!

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Awesome looking rig!
In this photo, is this just the lift as it came or did you have to run spacers in the front to account for the steel bumper and winch?
How much lift front/back did you get out of this kit with your setup?
Thanks!
This photo is with .5" coil spacers front and back to account for the winch and 300lb of extra gear in the back. It was between 2" and 2.5" of total lift with this setup.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
This photo is with .5" coil spacers front and back to account for the winch and 300lb of extra gear in the back. It was between 2" and 2.5" of total lift with this setup.
Awesome. Thank you for the response.
I see that you had some aftermarket steering hardware of some sort.
Did you “need” anything to help with steering and geometry after that lift was installed?
I have that same lift and 37s waiting for delivery of my JLUR in a couple of weeks.

OP
OP
Danielos2

Danielos2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My brother and I both have 2019 JLURs. I went with the Mopar 2” lift with the Fox shocks. I got closer to 2.5” of lift at the driver’s door handle. He installed the Teraflex 3.5” lift with the Falcon shocks, and his Jeep settled almost 1.5” taller than mine. We’re both running 37” KO2s which are actually a bit under 36” tall. Both Jeeps are great, but mine is significantly softer than his, even with the Falcons on the softest setting. He has noticeably more clearance, with plenty of room even at full flex on a lift. He could easily run true 38s, maybe taller.

I haven‘t put my Jeep into full flex, but I have yet to rub in hundreds of miles of easy trails and logging roads. (No rock crawling, but plenty of trips off road, through fields, and over small logs, ditches, and other easy obstacles.)

The Fox shocks are comfortable, but they are soft enough to let you feel the sag in the rear as you accelerate. I’m inclined to upgrade to the falcons when I win the lottery, but otherwise I have no regrets.
A lottery win would be nice..lol, thank you for the information, I'll keep my fingers crossed on that lottery we would like to win.

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Big fan of RK (I am biased).
And the RK can really flex.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift Kit For Rubicon JL 4-door running 37's? IMG_3213

And RK has a great long arm kit that is really great. (The 2-Door above has a long arm in the back and a mid arm in the front).

Also, additional clearance can be gained by gutting the fenders and installing the AAL front fender lights as well as replacing the inner fender liners with aftermarket liners (e.g., Artec), as seen in the photo above.

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
AEV has a 2.5 lift that has heavier coils than Mopar. It handles loads very well without jacking up the cog. Miner rubbing with 37's and stock fender liners but a heat gun can reshape liner rub area in back.

Unixmandt

First Name
DAN
Threads
Reaction score
Website
smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Support
Vehicle Showcase
Found this subjective 8 Jeep lift comparison by Trail Recon with good information including installation issues
Part 1
Part 2

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Awesome. Thank you for the response.
I see that you had some aftermarket steering hardware of some sort.
Did you “need” anything to help with steering and geometry after that lift was installed?
I have that same lift and 37s waiting for delivery of my JLUR in a couple of weeks.
I didn't "need" anything but with the kind of wheeling I do upgraded steering gear is definitely beneficial. Another thing that lots of the less complete kits don't include is adjustable lower control arms. Adjustable LCA's allow you to increase your caster which will improve your on-road handling. I'm running Synergy LCAs.

OP
OP
Danielos2

Danielos2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the Rubicon Express 3.5"-4.5" kit, got 37" Pro-comp tires and added some other things like winch, poison spyder bumper, smittybilt tire carrier (heavy duty one, pivot) and some decals to sharpen up its looks...thanks for all the tips

IMG_4347.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4349.PNG
Sponsored