Sponsored

Lift Kit For Rubicon JL 4-door running 37's?

Danielos2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 4-door Sting-Grey
I purchased (wife did) a new 2021 JL Rubicon and want to run 37" tires for rock crawling, will a 2.5" lift kit do it or should I go with a 3" lift, and what lift kit brand is a good one to go with as I see there are many. Would like to see/hear views on this...thank you.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The Mopar 2” lift got me 4 inches of lift in front and 3 inches in rear. It drives great, too.

You should be able to fit 37” tires on a Rubicon with a 2” lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift Kit For Rubicon JL 4-door running 37's? 08DF04EB-2FFE-4A04-8C49-0010886B48B4

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

if your looking to crawl hard trails look into @Metalcloak and @Rock Krawler Suspension and @TeraFlex . these are known for really good articulation2.5-3.5" should be fine with 37's might want to look into the fender chop kit too. gives you even more room for those big ol tires

OP
OP
Danielos2

Danielos2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Mopar 2” lift got me 4 inches of lift in front and 3 inches in rear. It drives great, too.

You should be able to fit 37” tires on a Rubicon with a 2” lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift Kit For Rubicon JL 4-door running 37's? 08DF04EB-2FFE-4A04-8C49-0010886B48B4
Wonderful, thank you for the post. Was wanting to at least go with a 2.5", saw a test on YouTube a guy did the 2.5" and had to use heat gun to adjust part of the plastic lining and also took off the very bottom section to not have any rubbing issues.

OP
OP
Danielos2

Danielos2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if your looking to crawl hard trails look into @Metalcloak and @Rock Krawler Suspension and @TeraFlex . these are known for really good articulation2.5-3.5" should be fine with 37's might want to look into the fender chop kit too. gives you even more room for those big ol tires
I was looking at the Rock Krawler and TeraFlex gear/lifts, so good to hear/see they would be a good choice, I would like to keep it lower for wife getting in and out (however a small stool could help,lol) so I am thinking meet in the middle and go with a 3", thank you for your reply and views on the matter/question.

Sponsored

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Dynatrac Endurosport 2" lift is a great option if you want a budget, high quality, low COG lift. Quality fox shocks and fits 37s with full articulation and no rubbing. I ran that kit for 6k miles with lots of that off-road and was pretty happy with its performance. The shocks and springs are tuned to work together so it rides really nice on-road. I can also highly recommend Metalcloak lift kits if you're looking for a more complete option with lots of flex.

I've since moved up to a higher 3" lift with higher end shocks but something like that may be overkill for your needs.

Pic of the Dynatrac 2" lift with 37s:

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift Kit For Rubicon JL 4-door running 37's? DSCF1136 copy

OP
OP
Danielos2

Danielos2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dynatrac Endurosport 2" lift is a great option if you want a budget, high quality, low COG lift. Quality fox shocks and fits 37s with full articulation and no rubbing. I ran that kit for 6k miles with lots of that off-road and was pretty happy with its performance. The shocks and springs are tuned to work together so it rides really nice on-road. I can also highly recommend Metalcloak lift kits if you're looking for a more complete option with lots of flex.

I've since moved up to a higher 3" lift with higher end shocks but something like that may be overkill for your needs.

Good information, thank you for that reply to my question!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased (wife did) a new 2021 JL Rubicon and want to run 37" tires for rock crawling, will a 2.5" lift kit do it or should I go with a 3" lift, and what lift kit brand is a good one to go with as I see there are many. Would like to see/hear views on this...thank you.
Check out Steven’s @ExpeditionBuilds build here. He also has a YouTube channel. 3.5 MC lift and 37s

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubi-recon.55336/page-10#post-1255676

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Something to think about, even if a lift shows as 2.5" that doesn't mean you are necessarily only going to get 2.5" out of it. I just put the Metalclock 2.5 on and I'm sitting at just about 3.5" of lift right now. There are lots of pics of people running this kit on 37s on the forums with no issue. If the only issue is getting 37s into the wheel well, that also might drive a different decision on lifts vice one that you intend to flex to the max rock crawling. Happy lift hunting, took me almost a year to decide!

OP
OP
Danielos2

Danielos2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something to think about, even if a lift shows as 2.5" that doesn't mean you are necessarily only going to get 2.5" out of it. I just put the Metalclock 2.5 on and I'm sitting at just about 3.5" of lift right now. There are lots of pics of people running this kit on 37s on the forums with no issue. If the only issue is getting 37s into the wheel well, that also might drive a different decision on lifts vice one that you intend to flex to the max rock crawling. Happy lift hunting, took me almost a year to decide!
Good to know, thank you.

Sponsored

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
nice......
I have the mopar lift with 37s, I got about 2.5" in the front and 3" in the back. At FULL articulation I do rub up front. If you plan on doing a lot of rock crawling I would 100% go bigger than a 2.5" lift as you WILL rub.

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
If I were to do it again, I would get a metalcloak kit and swap the spings and spring seats out for Rock Krawlers.

37 fit perfectly on the 3.5 RK x-factor

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I initially had a 2.5” RK lift and experienced some minor rubbing in the rear wheel wells with 37’s. I removed the back, lower panels to eliminate the rub. As I added more armor (Metalcloak skid plates and Rock Hard slider) I went to a 3.5” lift to compensate for the additional weight.
So yes, a 2.5” lift will work just fine, until you start adding more items.
I personally like Rock Krawler and Metalcloak lifts, with Clayton being my third choice. The RK lifts offer very stout components with excellent joints and flex. RK lifts are also pretty easy to install.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military

Awesome looking rig!
In this photo, is this just the lift as it came or did you have to run spacers in the front to account for the steel bumper and winch?
How much lift front/back did you get out of this kit with your setup?
Thanks!
Sponsored