chicknwaffles

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 rubicon
I know that there was 100 posts about lifts and i'm not asking which one is the best.
I see there is a lot of people that went trough couple different ones.
From your experience what would be good setup for JL Rubicon mostly used for overlanding (35'' tires, bumper +winch, exoskeleton rack, big rtt...)
So far i didn't need lift as there was no crazy off road but im moving soon to place with a lot and even for overland i will need lift as im constantly adding stuff.
It's also a daily driver so i would go 2.5-3 in...
rtt are a luxury that is not needed.

tents on the ground work just fine for thousands less
i would too...
i love working on the cars but currently i don't have a garage or time to do something like that...
im afraid it would end up not being a fun day (except for 12 pack) and multi day project...
I hear you. the truth is most of my projects go longer than I projected.

no garage, yeah definitely hire it out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
zoki

zoki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Mojave
i agree it is a luxury...is it needed depends on the person...
you maybe spend money on other stuff for your rig that i don't so...
but when you try one you wont go back.
i love it. easy setup, park anywhere, safer...
i would say one of the better things in my life that i spent money on (cars related).

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
After having to carry around tents, setup, and tear down; I would probably pay for an RTT. We're looking into the small sleep-in trailers you can take everywhere.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Hmmmm . . . seems like the reason to buy a Rubicon vs some other trim is so you can do the stuff you're describing without fooling with it?? What am I missing??

G.

OP
OP
zoki

zoki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Mojave
Hmmmm . . . seems like the reason to buy a Rubicon vs some other trim is so you can do the stuff you're describing without fooling with it?? What am I missing??

G.
extra weight makes difference no matter what trim you have, + i also went up in the tire size so i lost clearance between fender and wheels...

Sponsored

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
I had the AEV kit on mine for almost 2 years. I am not an overlander guy. I can say a fee several thousand mile road trips loaded with 2 adults, 2 teenage boys and a large dog, our stuff packed in every nook and cranny in the jeep, and a hitch mounted rack with probably 300lbs of gear….. the kit rode fantastic. Maybe sagged .5 inch in the rear?!? I now run a MC lift as I needed more flex and height. I have not loaded down my MC lift yet though.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I’d go with Clayton or AEV as others have said. Pick something specifically designed for that kind of use.

OP
OP
zoki

zoki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Mojave
I had the AEV kit on mine for almost 2 years. I am not an overlander guy. I can say a fee several thousand mile road trips loaded with 2 adults, 2 teenage boys and a large dog, our stuff packed in every nook and cranny in the jeep, and a hitch mounted rack with probably 300lbs of gear….. the kit rode fantastic. Maybe sagged .5 inch in the rear?!? I now run a MC lift as I needed more flex and height. I have not loaded down my MC lift yet though.
which one did you get?

OP
OP
zoki

zoki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Mojave
I’d go with Clayton or AEV as others have said. Pick something specifically designed for that kind of use.
yeah i see AEV have something for overland...
also 3 times cheaper than clayton...
is it that big difference?

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
which one did you get?
I had the Dualsport RT. I added front and rear adjustable trackbars, and the longer mopar LCAs as my caster was more anemic compared to others.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

G.
The reason for a Rubi is better off road ability, they all suck at carrying any kind of weight, they can handle a couple passengers, after that the ability to carry weight disappears like a fart in the wind….🥴

roobies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 540i, 2023 JLUR
yeah i see AEV have something for overland...
also 3 times cheaper than clayton...
is it that big difference?
The extra cost for the Clayton Overland+ is, at least partially, for the difference in parts you receive. Ex: new control arms vs. relocation brackets.

OP
OP
zoki

zoki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Mojave
do i need to change Steering System?
i see it comes in some packages and in some not...

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
i have a Clayton 2-1/2" with 35s and i run pretty heavy. i'm happy with their set up. go with practical shocks, you don't need fancy reservoirs, and talk to them about maybe using the 3-1/2" springs in the rear. i'm guessing i've got 700-800# of bolt on shit and gear in my jeep and i probably should have used the heavier springs. i MAY add a 3/4" spacer lift in the rear if i ever get around to it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit for overlanding 2022-12-26 13.33.21

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit for overlanding 2022-12-26 13.32.31
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit for overlanding 2022-12-27 09.33.08

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
If you are only planning on 35s, with a Rubicon, you could easily get by with the Clayton Overland 1.5" lift kit:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/0-2in-lifts/3009015-clayton-off-road-1-5in-overland-plus-lift-kit

For a Clayton Overland 2.5" kit:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ayton-2-5in-overland-plus-suspension-lift-kit

Another one to look at are the EVO Mfg. lift kits with their HD springs, which are designed for the heavier built Jeeps.

EVO HD 2.5" Enforcer Stage 3:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...5in-enforcer-stage-3-lift-kit-w-shock-options
Sponsored