Sponsored

Lift Kit Confusion (Jeep Noob)

STgrayFury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If your looking for a true 2” lift with nothing else needed, try the Dynatrac EnduroSport. Looks good with a 35” tire. Ran a stock Rubi with 35’s for a while and just recently installed the lift. Can’t go wrong either way. Drives great.

1D863F10-0A61-4FA8-A7A1-A514E30957AE.jpeg
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I ran 35's (well, 315's) with no lift for a while and didn't have any issues with rubbing off road. If your concerned about rubbing anyways, pick up a set of cheap half inch spacers from teraflex. Won't be a noticeable height increase but should prevent any rubbing.
No amount of spring or spacer will prevent rub, you need bump stop extensions.

Angrypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Can always go with 34" (305/70r17). I think they fill the space better than the stock 33" and no rub at full articulation. Tire choice is a bit more limited though.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Joe,
You have the budget for a Recon but not a lift?......
I think in many cases the problem isn't the ability to pay for the lift, it's not wanting to spend extra on stuff you don't want. This exact scenario is why I didn't buy a Rubicon. I could have afforded it (a base Rubi was cheaper than my optioned out Sahara), but why pay for stuff you don't need/want. For example, I'll never disconnect the sway bars so why pay more for the electronic disconnect. Likewise if Joe won't be doing any extreme off-roading why pay for a lift that has extra parts that are specifically designed for extreme off-roading. If a cheaper lift can do the same thing, and accomplish what he wants, there's no reason to buy the more expensive kit.

Joe, there are a TON of choices for lifts on Wranglers. You can go from a very affordable body lift or strut extension, all the way up to the extreme kits that offer stabilizers, dual shocks, track bars, etc. I did a lot of research on the topic when I lifted my Jeep. I documented pros/cons of many kits (based on my criteria, though yours may be different) in a thread I came across. Here's a link if you want to do some reading about various kits. → Link

Take your time, do some research and look for features that match what you're specifically looking for. On that note, the Dynatrac kit mentioned by STgrayFury has amazing reviews. I've yet to come across a negative one, and that says a lot.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Can always go with 34" (305/70r17). I think they fill the space better than the stock 33" and no rub at full articulation. Tire choice is a bit more limited though.
34's are a great choice, and typically are 1/2" or less smaller than most "35's". As posted by secondTJ on the first page, those particular 35's are actually 34.3", whereas most 34's I looked at are 33.8 - 34.0.
I'm running 285/75/17 KM2's which are 33.9". The main thing for me was that I wanted 285 width or less. I wanted narrower tires for two reasons. First being that most 315 wide tires are NOT approved by the manufacturers to be mounted on the stock rim width of 7.5". Second being that narrow tires do better in the snow and I see a lot of that in my area.
Anyway, 34's are a great option, and are minimally smaller. Typically you can't tell the difference unless you look at the sidewall to read the size. Although, as mentioned, the choices are considerably less, and in some cases more expensive.

Anyway, just because I like the way it looks, here's mine with 34's.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift Kit Confusion (Jeep Noob) 19 5-4 (3) resize
Sponsored