Lift for 35's on Sahara JL

Kevinjeep

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I have read hundreds of posts on the topic and the answer changes daily based on the different products being introduced into the market……so I thought I would ask again.

Want- 35 inch tires (315/70/17 KO2’s) on my Sahara Unlimited JL
Priority- ride quality- stock or better- 90% of my driving will be on road and a lot of highway.
Price- don’t care, sounds bad, but I have a fully loaded Sahara that I am going to have for years, I want the best solution.
How much lift- I prefer as little as possible, to me the Mopar Lift looks funny with 35 inch tires (though I think it is closer to a 3 inch lift when all is said and done). Will the Rock Krawler 2.5 be similar to the Mopar? I have no Brand allegiance (AFE, RK, EVO, Metalcloak, Icon, Rubicon Express, etc).

Solution?- Shock and Coil Kit? Spacer Lift?

I don’t want to piece meal, I want to get all the components upfront and get them installed…..still trying to figure out what “all the components are”.

I don’t mind waiting, but I am not sure what I am waiting for.....what am I waiting for?

One last question- pros & cons of leveling. Which leveling kit?

Sorry for the redundancy....and thanks.
Sponsored

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I guess it's the eye of the beholder... I find the Mopar kit to look fantastic on a Sport or Sahara with 35's. Just as it looks fantastic with 37's on a Rubicon.

OP
OP

Kevinjeep

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I guess it's the eye of the beholder... I find the Mopar kit to look fantastic on a Sport or Sahara with 35's. Just as it looks fantastic with 37's on a Rubicon.
@Pressurized Thanks for the feedback, I have found your posts on the whole subject to be very useful. Any other suggestions would be appreciated (i.e. the RK Kit, other options, level or no level, etc). It seems like you are happy with the Mopar lift with the fix.

I went to ASU and still spend a ton of time in AZ, unfortunately the Jeep is in SoCal.

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know if there are any pics of the RK next to the mopar? In talking with the guys from RK their 2.5” lift will give you slightly over 3” on the stock Sahara.

Sponsored

ryandamartini

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
With the MOPAR lift now hovering around $1350 on eBay for Fox shocks, UCA, springs, and all while being developed by Jeep for use with 35" tires I think is a really strong option. I think Ill be going this route myself.

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
@Pressurized Thanks for the feedback, I have found your posts on the whole subject to be very useful. Any other suggestions would be appreciated (i.e. the RK Kit, other options, level or no level, etc). It seems like you are happy with the Mopar lift with the fix.

I went to ASU and still spend a ton of time in AZ, unfortunately the Jeep is in SoCal.
Thank you for the kind words... Here's why I like the Mopar kit on a JL, especially a Sport or Sahara. Most people lifting their JL's right now are not adding a lot of extra weight with skid plates and heavy bumpers, etc. The Mopar kit has light spring rates and the Fox shocks are tuned nicely. It makes for a great ride quality.

If you plan to build with bumpers, skids, lights, winch, etc, you should consider a more off road engineered lift like the RK or Metalcloak. The higher spring rates will be better to support the extra weight.

I haven't seen the actual Mopar spring pad fix in person, but we've been modifying the ones that come with the Mopar lift to correct the problem and they're working great.

Rockreid

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Considering
Thank you for the kind words... Here's why I like the Mopar kit on a JL, especially a Sport or Sahara. Most people lifting their JL's right now are not adding a lot of extra weight with skid plates and heavy bumpers, etc. The Mopar kit has light spring rates and the Fox shocks are tuned nicely. It makes for a great ride quality.

If you plan to build with bumpers, skids, lights, winch, etc, you should consider a more off road engineered lift like the RK or Metalcloak. The higher spring rates will be better to support the extra weight.

I haven't seen the actual Mopar spring pad fix in person, but we've been modifying the ones that come with the Mopar lift to correct the problem and they're working great.
I plan on adding a aluminum front bumper that weighs 54lbs. Does anyone know what the factory Sahara bumper weighs to know whether I should go for a more aggressive 2.5in lift than my planned RC 2.5 stock suspension lift?

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Considering

I plan on adding a aluminum front bumper that weighs 54lbs. Does anyone know what the factory Sahara bumper weighs to know whether I should go for a more aggressive 2.5in lift than my planned RC 2.5 stock suspension lift?
Aluminum is light, no need to try to account for the weight. It might be 15# heavier than stock.

Sponsored

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Considering

Mine only lost .5" of height after changing out the Sahara bumper for a steel bumper and winch, maybe 130lbs extra over stock. I don't think you would see any difference with a 54 lb bumper. Mine has a spacer lift with stock springs.

I've seen a number of examples of 34" and 35" tires with no lift working well as long as the rims are +12 or so offset. My rims -12 offset and I had issues with the rear fenders when fully stuffed, front was fine. Gave me an excuse to do the lift.

Before and after lift pics below. Stock, after rims and tires, after lift and bumper. Looks wise, I prefer the low center of gravity of look, but the lift is growing on me.

coppXks3RhaaOFoPBq9o2A.jpg
6%690Z6lSGmEHCHH+zuG8w.jpg
ylaUJEJORnC8jV5TM%f1kA.jpg

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Mine only lost .5" of height after changing out the Sahara bumper for a steel bumper and winch, maybe 130lbs extra over stock. I don't think you would see any difference with a 54 lb bumper. Mine has a spacer lift with stock springs.

I've seen a number of examples of 34" and 35" tires with no lift working well as long as the rims are +12 or so offset. My rims -12 offset and I had issues with the rear fenders when fully stuffed, front was fine. Gave me an excuse to do the lift.

Before and after lift pics below. Stock, after rims and tires, after lift and bumper. Looks wise, I prefer the low center of gravity of look, but the lift is growing on me.

coppXks3RhaaOFoPBq9o2A.jpg
6%690Z6lSGmEHCHH+zuG8w.jpg
ylaUJEJORnC8jV5TM%f1kA.jpg
Is this the RC 2.5” level or something else?

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. I’m on mobile so cannot see signatures.
Yes the EVO lift, I originally planned on swapping out the spacers for the EVO plush ride springs when they came out. Which they have now....but I'm in no rush. I'm pretty pleased with the overall ride, handling and off road capability. Seems to be lots of options in springs coming out now so I'm waiting until there is more experience out there with the different products.
Sponsored