RenegadeJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
Decided on my lift
https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/ranch...s9000xl-shocks-rs66122br9/_/R-BCKM-RS66122BR9

Only question is... I'm not going with larger tires until the stockers wear out. I'm at 5500 miles right now.
Anything to be mindful of?
Negative things?
I had a 05 Jeep liberty and loved my 3" frankenlift but I did it after owning her for 10 years. I owned her for 13 years total before just too many issues.

Is this a bad thing or do I just wait till tires are toast and buy lift then... Math says it will be 5 years or so :( and I don't really want to wait.
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I'd wait and do it all at once. Depending on how much you drive, it may be 5+ years before you wear out the stock tires. If you lift it now, by time you swap the tires, you may be needing to swap the Rancho shocks out for new as well. Doesn't make much sense.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
If you 'wheel it much I'd lift it now. Stock breakover is horrendous, second only to a JT land yacht.

Any increase in height can only help. Now if you've never been hung up by the breakover and don't anticipate being in situations where it could be a problem...who cares, lift it later
Sponsored