Lift Comparison

jjc

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not yet
I'm trying to understand the differences between the Mopar 2" lift and others like Rock Krawler's Adventure series. Here's what I don't understand:

1) Why does RK's Stock Mod 2.5" lift include a front track bar and no control arms, while the Mopar 2" lift include front control arms but no track bar?

2) Why does the Mopar 2" lift include front and rear sway bar end links but RK's Stock Mod 2.5" lift only includes rear sway bar links?

I see that RK's 2.5 Adventure Series 1 includes front lower control arms, but still doesn't change the front sway bar end links.

Sorry for the ignorant questions; I'd just like to understand the different approaches for a modest 2-2.5" lift. I'm just planning to run 35s on my JLU Rubicon and want good articulation with minimal changes while maintaining good road performance. Thanks!
Sponsored

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
I was replying to your comment in that other thread and it wouldn't post... lol

1) Why does RK's Stock Mod 2.5" lift include a front track bar and no control arms, while the Mopar 2" lift include front control arms but no track bar?

Rock Krawler has always included front adjustable track bars with their systems. That is one thing that has set them apart from the crowd with their JK suspensions. A front adjustable track bar is an important piece of the puzzle when you lift these things and I don't understand why it isn't an automatic inclusion with more systems. Almost all lifts kick the axle out a little and the adjustable track bar brings everything back to square.

RK's kits go Stock Mod, Flex, Max Travel, X-Factor. At each step you add components and the Stock Mod is their entry level system in that doesn't include arms. The Flex adds front lowers, Max Travel adds rear uppers to the Flex, and the X-Factor has all 8 arms and a rear track bar depending on lift height. The JL 2.5 doesn't have a rear track bar, but their 3.5 does.

2) Why does the Mopar 2" lift include front and rear sway bar end links but RK's Stock Mod 2.5" lift only includes rear sway bar links?

RK is using a relocation bracket for your factory links in the front and including longer rear links. The relocation brackets are included with their more involved systems along with a set of front sway bar disconnects. The design of the tabs on the axle makes it difficult to get a quick disconnect pin in there, so they developed the bracket to relocate them up a bit. This allows you to keep the stock links in the baseline kits and keeps MSRP down on them due to less components.

The Adventure Series kits are aimed at the guy who wants to lift the Jeep but doesn't necessarily care about disconnecting the sway bar or having a bunch of adjustable components. Install is simpler on these kits because they don't have adjustable arms (no jam nuts to tighten). You can add disconnects to any of their kits, just tell your dealer thats what you want when you order.

Let me know if you have any more questions or need help nailing down what it is you want to order. I've been running RK lifts on my vehicles for many years and can answer any question you have about their product and approach.

Marcus

OP
OP

jjc

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not yet
Thanks! Sorry about moving my post; I thought this forum might be more appropriate.
I'm just wondering about the relocation bracket instead of front sway bar end links. Does the relocation bracket make sense on a Rubicon that doesn't need manual disconnects? Is the Mopar approach of just swapping out the end links better?

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
No worries!

I don't remember exactly what the issue was just yet with the RK disconnects and the factory mounting position, but they include the relocation brackets alone in the lower line kits and they include them along with their disconnects in the more involved kits.

The Rubicon sway bar motor is in the center of the bar itself, and it relies on the bar itself being at the right angle in relation to the ground to operate and allow the maximum amount of droop when disconnected. The relocation brackets or replacement links are doing the same thing, they are re-orienting the sway bar to it's happy place. lol

I recommend folks manually disconnect the sway bar if you're running very long shocks on the JK and JL platform. You will see the full potential of your suspension travel as well as avoid the sway bar and links becoming parallel which can result in the sway bar flipping around and bending a link.

Hopefully this helps.

Marcus

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Another thing to keep in mind is that every kit is built to a price point. Face it, many buyers buy based on a price... RK stock mod is a builders kit and needs more parts to really be a complete lift kit.
Sponsored