First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport S, Ducati 899
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

Question: I'm getting 35s installed with a 2.5" MC lift in a week or so; I have 33s now. Something just dawned on me, am I going to lift the whole jeep by 4.5" (lift plus tires) or the body will rise by 2.5"?

My only concern is kids and wife getting in/out and whether or not to get some grab handles.

As always, thanks everyone!
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
In theory you are increasing the step-in height of your Jeep by:
  1. 2.5 inches from the lift
  2. 1.5 inches by going from 33s to 35s. Because the Jeep will gain clearance at the hubs, you are only increasing height by 1/2 of the increase in tire size.
So, the most you will gain is 4-inches. When you account for other factors like tire size accuracy (for instance, BFG 33-inch tires are really 32.5; 35-inch are 34.5), sag, etc., they will subtract some of that height.

My guess is the true, net gain in step-in height will be close to 3 inches.

OP
OP
jntrees

jntrees

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In theory you are increasing the step-in height of your Jeep by:
  1. 2.5 inches from the lift
  2. 1.5 inches by going from 33s to 35s. Because the Jeep will gain clearance at the hubs, you are only increasing height by 1/2 of the increase in tire size.
So, the most you will gain is 4-inches. When you account for other factors like tire size accuracy (for instance, BFG 33-inch tires are really 32.5; 35-inch are 34.5), sag, etc., they will subtract some of that height.

My guess is the true, net gain in step-in height will be close to 3 inches.
Awesome. Thanks for the response man. I'm getting the BFGs by the way. I'll do a follow-up with before and after--thanks again!

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I agree with the points above. One other point to mention.... I donā€™t know about MC lift actual change but, I have the Mopar 2ā€ lift. The actual lift is more than 2ā€

OP
OP
jntrees

jntrees

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with the points above. One other point to mention.... I donā€™t know about MC lift actual change but, I have the Mopar 2ā€ lift. The actual lift is more than 2ā€
I'm banking on mine drooping some with my steel bumpers and winch. I shaved off a little weight with a synthetic line but it's still substantially heavier than the plastics that it replaced. I'll have to get an accurate measurement with the before and after.

Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm banking on mine drooping some with my steel bumpers and winch. I shaved off a little weight with a synthetic line but it's still substantially heavier than the plastics that it replaced. I'll have to get an accurate measurement with the before and after.
Mine still sits pretty high with the steel bumper, winch, and some belly armor. Going to have to get some steps for the wife.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift and tires A3BA8469-8B2B-405A-9688-C312CCCBF8C7

Reconatrek

First Name
Mamba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Mine still sits pretty high with the steel bumper, winch, and some belly armor. Going to have to get some steps for the wife.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift and tires A3BA8469-8B2B-405A-9688-C312CCCBF8C7
Beautiful ride. What wheels are those? Do they come in ā€œ18ā€™s?

Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've put on front and rear steel bumpers and winch. It may settle still...
nice. Recommend you check out NOVA Jeepers (https://novajeepers.com/) if you havenā€™t already. Great place to check in on local rides or up to Rausch or AOAA or other locations. If not, reach out if you ever want to go wheeling.

joe
Sponsored