Sponsored

Lift. Am I getting screwed?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Sure, but we all know dealers can pull all kinds of shit tactics against you, and are you really going to fight with them to teeth or hire lawyers?

There are nice dealers, but there are more shitty dealers as far as I know. For example, in my area most Jeeper I know avoid the 5-6 dealers we have here like plague. I have a buddy brought in his Jeep because of rattle in the dash, and dealer refused to look at it and said it was because of his 37s tire shake something behind the trim.
Yes I would either fight or find a new dealer. It's really not that hard to find a Jeep dealer that's mod-friendly. We deal with the same thing with Harleys. Find a good dealer. Stick with them.
Sponsored

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
You are getting screwed and wasting your money IMO. You don't need a lift for 35" tires. Jeep designed the JLUR to take them with no mods. I put 35s on my stock JLUR wheels and it looks the same height and proportions (similar gap between tire and fender flares) as a JK on 35s and a 2" lift. In my opinion, the JLUR with lift and 35s makes the tires seem too small. I bought my 35s, sold my stock tires, and was only out $600 and it looks great! If you want the tires to stick out more, spend a couple hundred more on spacers and call it a day.

Robull

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jl
So i went down to 4 wheel parts today to scout out pricing on a lift for my JLUR. With the mopar lift (which I requested) , Toyo 35’s, programmer, spacers they quoted me around $6,000! And that’s with no wheels ordered.....using the stock rubi wheels. I talked them down to $5,200.....still crazy to me.

I have some questions:

1 - the mopar lift for the 2.0 I found on amazon for $1,200. They were wanting $1,689 for it. Pretty much I found every part they quoted me cheaper online. Is it better for me to just order everything and just pay for labor with them or the dealer? Good idea or do they hate customers like me?

2 - I’m wanting to use my stock Rubi wheels ....good idea? Will spacers hurt me in the long run?

3 - I really want the lift.....will I regret it? I owned a JKUR and I lifted it in the past....granted it was a cheap lift kit, the ride was terrible. I’ve pretty much never experienced a good lift. Now I’ve got the Rubicon of my dreams and I wanna do it right. Any words of encouragement? ;)

4 - any recommendations on wheel and tire?
yo screwed

OP
OP
Freddiejeep

Freddiejeep

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU 2.0
You are getting screwed and wasting your money IMO. You don't need a lift for 35" tires. Jeep designed the JLUR to take them with no mods. I put 35s on my stock JLUR wheels and it looks the same height and proportions (similar gap between tire and fender flares) as a JK on 35s and a 2" lift. In my opinion, the JLUR with lift and 35s makes the tires seem too small. I bought my 35s, sold my stock tires, and was only out $600 and it looks great! If you want the tires to stick out more, spend a couple hundred more on spacers and call it a day.
Yea, I like the look of the 35 w no lift....my question is though if off-road it’ll come back to bite you? Wonder if you’ll get rubbing.

OP
OP
Freddiejeep

Freddiejeep

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU 2.0
Gonna send a letter to Mopar and see if anyone can answer once and for all if really their kit (in their minds) is the one stop shop for the lift w 35’s - or if they recommend getting any other parts to compliment it.

Sponsored

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
Yea, I like the look of the 35 w no lift....my question is though if off-road it’ll come back to bite you? Wonder if you’ll get rubbing.
I mostly off-road on the beach, and have only been able to get up in Appalachia once so far. Unfortunately I didn't really test its limits, but I've never had rubbing. I've read posts elsewhere in this forum that others have come close to full articulation with little or no rubbing, but I'd search around to be sure.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
You do realize that it is physically impossible for your axles to be centered unless your lift netted 0" of lift. When you lift the Jeep it lifts away from the axle. If you do not either move the attachment point of the trackbar to the axle/frame or lengthen the track bar, It is going ot move the axle to the frame side. it is just the laws of physics. If your track bar is not off, then either 1) you dont know how to measure properly 2) got a faulty lift that did not lift the Jeep. or 3) Installed an adjustable trackbar or relocation bracket. or 4) are lying. One of those 4 is true.
Did you even read what he wrote? It's geometry dude. If your able are centered with your lift then they weren't centered before the lift. It's really that simple.
100% correct

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
I mostly off-road on the beach, and have only been able to get up in Appalachia once so far. Unfortunately I didn't really test its limits, but I've never had rubbing. I've read posts elsewhere in this forum that others have come close to full articulation with little or no rubbing, but I'd search around to be sure.
If you flex (even with stabilizers connected) you will get rubbing on 35" without a lift.
Sponsored