Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen many different types of lift kits and there’s always something that doesn’t seem great about them (usually the price😂) so I’m interested to hear if anyone has bought their lift in different pieces. For example buy king shocks and springs from teraflex.

I’d really like to know which components are necessary for a suspension lift and how to match parts together to fit specific needs.
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I’m in this category. I have the arms and springs from Clayton, but I plan on using Falcon shocks (Clayton does not make their own shocks though) and Metalcloak bump stops.

It would be best if you said what goal you plan on building towards: highway hauler, rock crawler, flashy mall rig, or backwoods country roads?

Flatties 4ever

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72Bronco, 95-12v,48Cj2a,53Cj3b,52M38-v8, JlSport
Occupation
Electrician

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I have MC springs and teraflex (falcon) shocks. It was a result of what I had sitting around. My JLUR was Falcon shocks and Rock Krawler springs.
It works fine, but my rig is a borderline trail rig. I drive it when temps are under 40, or to/from/on the trails. I don’t think it’s harsh but my comparisons are a sports coupe and my wife’s truck.

OP
OP
rockclimber

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in this category. I have the arms and springs from Clayton, but I plan on using Falcon shocks (Clayton does not make their own shocks though) and Metalcloak bump stops.

It would be best if you said what goal you plan on building towards: highway hauler, rock crawler, flashy mall rig, or backwoods country roads?
I’m in the PNW so we have it all here but mainly some tough muddy and rocky trails like Cedar Tree so grip, flex and clearance are very important. I’m not too into rocks just since they seem a little boring (but technical) compared to mud.. I wish I could put a photo of the trails in here but it’s impossible to get photos mid trail
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift “Kit” Build Ideas 3D271A10-8442-475A-91C6-20D4A6D4B3D1

This is from forever ago and looks so easy to me now😂
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift “Kit” Build Ideas 7A85331F-BBD2-4E03-BF56-373543DCA153

This is under Cedar Tree last weekend.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rockclimber

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I’m in the PNW so we have it all here but mainly some tough muddy and rocky trails like Cedar Tree so grip, flex and clearance are very important. I’m not too into rocks just since they seem a little boring (but technical) compared to mud.. I wish I could put a photo of the trails in here but it’s impossible to get photos mid trail

This is from forever ago and looks so easy to me now😂

This is under Cedar Tree last weekend.
Love Cedar Tree trail as well. If you get a lift you won't fit! Here are my takes there...

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift “Kit” Build Ideas cedar 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift “Kit” Build Ideas cedar 2

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift “Kit” Build Ideas cedar 3

OP
OP
rockclimber

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
I have MC springs and teraflex (falcon) shocks. It was a result of what I had sitting around. My JLUR was Falcon shocks and Rock Krawler springs.
It works fine, but my rig is a borderline trail rig. I drive it when temps are under 40, or to/from/on the trails. I don’t think it’s harsh but my comparisons are a sports coupe and my wife’s truck.
That sounds like a great setup! I’m having trouble combining suspension components since I don’t want to get springs that are too short or long and same with the shocks I guess.

OP
OP
rockclimber

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
Love Cedar Tree trail as well. If you get a lift you won't fit! Here are my takes there...

Wow! I went under without a lift and was too worried about scratching the top so I backed up😂
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift “Kit” Build Ideas 9186A3C1-3326-440F-AC41-E3E5B2CBBCA0

I put in the RC 2.5” spacer lift in August this year but I want to make my suspension tougher and able to stand up to more work since it’s the Sport suspension still.

Chadillac

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR 6-speed

Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Don’t discount picking up a Rubicon or XR package takeoff. These are more than enough for a lot of people.

OP
OP
rockclimber

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t discount picking up a Rubicon or XR package takeoff. These are more than enough for a lot of people.
I’ve thought about that and I really want to create something that’s more tailored to my exact needs and how I want it to act on and off road. Just swapping the sway bars for teraflex quick disconnects this weekend improved the handling in turns more than I expected. I didn’t think it was possible but I live driving my Jeep even more now.

Side note- it’s funny and a little scary watching other people drive their Jeeps. The other night I was behind one and they drifted halfway into the next lane right in front of a semi before swerving back. I don’t know if they had just gotten it or what but I guess it does take some time to learn how to “control” the brick😂

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I’ve thought about that and I really want to create something that’s more tailored to my exact needs and how I want it to act on and off road. Just swapping the sway bars for teraflex quick disconnects this weekend improved the handling in turns more than I expected. I didn’t think it was possible but I live driving my Jeep even more now.

Side note- it’s funny and a little scary watching other people drive their Jeeps. The other night I was behind one and they drifted halfway into the next lane right in front of a semi before swerving back. I don’t know if they had just gotten it or what but I guess it does take some time to learn how to “control” the brick😂
Yeah, I’m still not great at staying straight after 45k miles. I actually got pulled over once cause the cop thought I might have been drinking. LOL.

OP
OP
rockclimber

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I’m still not great at staying straight after 45k miles. I actually got pulled over once cause the cop thought I might have been drinking. LOL.
I feel like that all the time 😂 I got my Jeep when I was 18 so I already didn’t have much driving experience and it took me months to just accept the drifting and get over it. After putting in new sway bar links this weekend I take turns even faster and don’t feel nearly as unsteady as it was and I feel like it doesn’t drift as much but maybe that’s just me..These days in OR we have wind advisories pretty frequently so that makes driving even more fun. I can say (for now) I have never been pulled over for anything! Now it’ll happen I guess…

OP
OP
rockclimber

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
A bit of a side note who else loves fishtailing their Jeep in the rain? And I don’t mean on purpose. Sometimes my Jeep just wants to wake me up on the drive to and from work😂
Sponsored