Lifetime Powertrain Warranty questions

Sine Language

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I stopped by the dealership yesterday and I was told that both the 3.6 and 2.0 engines come with a lifetime powertrain warranty. This is the first I had ever heard of this and trying to find actual information on it (that looks factual) has not been easy. Is what the dealership said true?

Follow up on that, if it is true, I had asked in regards to the diesel engine if it would have the lifetime powertrain warranty to which they said they do not know. One of the biggest things keeping me from getting the diesel (ordering soon) is how it will perform long term. I plan on keeping the JLUR that I order for the long haul and I keep reading, due to the emission requirements for diesel engines, that they encounter problems down the line due to the added components to meet emissions.
Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
sounds like a dealer warrant, some dealers near me do a similar thing where they will give you a lifetime warranty but with a catch that all servicing must be performed by them

jeep standard powertrain warranty is 5 year/60000 miles

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
There is not a FCA backed lifetime warranty currently available.

If the dealer is including a Lifetime warranty it’s with a 3rd party company or dealer backed.

Ask to see the policy details.

OP
OP

Sine Language

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
sounds like a dealer warrant, some dealers near me do a similar thing where they will give you a lifetime warranty but with a catch that all servicing must be performed by them

jeep standard powertrain warranty is 5 year/60000 miles
There is not a FCA backed lifetime warranty currently available.

If the dealer is including a Lifetime warranty it’s with a 3rd party company or dealer backed.

Ask to see the policy details.
Yup this looks like what it is. The dealership offers a lifetime powertrain warranty. I read the conditions and you don't have to bring in to their dealership for maintenance in order to keep it valid. They require a record of regular maintenance per the owner manual being done.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
When I picked my Jeep back in 18, I was able to purchase the Mopar lifetime warranty. I know it was discontinued later that year maybe early 19. I haven’t heard of them bringing it back, so I agree with the rest of the posts, must be a third party offer.

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
A lot of Jeep dealers offer an in house “lifetime warranty” for their customers. They have more strict guidelines and generally use it as a way to ensure consistent service center business.

Brett

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
When I picked my Jeep back in 18, I was able to purchase the Mopar lifetime warranty. I know it was discontinued later that year maybe early 19
11/30/18 was the last day to purchase it