Sponsored

lifetime or 7/100 warranty-help me decide.

LeoD

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Real Estate Sales
I made my decision...I called Mopar directly and spoke to Scott, 800-442-2666 option 3. Scott did confirm that the lifetime Max Care is ending 11-3-18, and that Florida is different thank most of the country. The laws mandate the lifetime plan be transferable one time and/or prorated if canceled for up to 7 years and 100,000 miles. That's the good news. The bad news is that it's more expensive, $4290 plus tax which equals $4547.90 - ouch!! They finance interest free, $455 down and 24 payments of $170.52.

I can hear the comments in my head now, "the price is outrageous" and "I'll never pay that"! Well, it is a lot, but I just sold my 2013 Mercedes ML350 Blutek with 94,000 miles which I had a bumper to bumper Mercedes extended warrantee to 100,000 miles which I paid about $4400 for. From the 50,000 mile starting point of the extended warrantee to the day I sold it with 94,000 miles, Mercedes spent OVER $30,000 in repairs to the ML! I do not regret buying that warrantee!

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
I had a CPO warranty for 100k for an old BMW 540i which saved my butt. I think the German car costs of ownership are ridiculous. Fricken money pits. I'd never own a newer German car again (had 3 BMWs). If you have to have one, lease them and get new ones every 3 years. As for the Jeep warranty, I'm torn. 3rd party offerings scare me. The FCA ones are expensive.

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Insuring through Geico includes an extended warranty.
I have this insurance. $15 extra each 6 month pay period. Really is a no brainer. I wonder if thereā€™s any reason to have the fca warranty too?
Geico only goes to 7 years so maybe lifetime would be worth it if I keep 10 years.

photowiz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
newspaper and outdoor photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I've had 27 Used and new Jeeps so as you can imagine don't keep them long. However I did buy extended warranty's on 3 of those including the newest JLU, never used any yet. My last trade in I did get some $$ back on the unused warranty, with only a little way into the extended time the refund was only a bit more than half!

As someone above said, seems like you've about made up your mind for the 7 year one? Don't forget even if you buy the extended warranty (7year/100k), after your 3 year/36,000 Jeep regular warranty is up you've only got 4 years/64,000 miles left of your optional warranty! YOUR EXTENDED WARRANTY DOES NOT start after your regular warranty, it starts soon as you buy it, that's the kicker!!! Of course my description starts with a new no mileage Jeep, yours would start I think (?)from day and mileage when you buy the warranty because your Jeep is not new.

Go Jeep!!!
I was on the fence until today. I'm not buying lifetime or any for that matter. Im going to keep the 3 grand and If something happens later, decide whether to repair and sell or repair and keep. The resale value of Wranglers also helped with this decision. You get more money out of a Wrangler than most any other vehicle. I know I have an honest salesman as I was in there today to purchase a lifetime and he walked me through it. A friend did the same thing. Ultimately it was my choice and I decided against buying a warranty.

Sponsored

NHJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 CJ5
I made my decision...I called Mopar directly and spoke to Scott, 800-442-2666 option 3. Scott did confirm that the lifetime Max Care is ending 11-3-18, and that Florida is different thank most of the country. The laws mandate the lifetime plan be transferable one time and/or prorated if canceled for up to 7 years and 100,000 miles. That's the good news. The bad news is that it's more expensive, $4290 plus tax which equals $4547.90 - ouch!! They finance interest free, $455 down and 24 payments of $170.52.

I can hear the comments in my head now, "the price is outrageous" and "I'll never pay that"! Well, it is a lot, but I just sold my 2013 Mercedes ML350 Blutek with 94,000 miles which I had a bumper to bumper Mercedes extended warrantee to 100,000 miles which I paid about $4400 for. From the 50,000 mile starting point of the extended warrantee to the day I sold it with 94,000 miles, Mercedes spent OVER $30,000 in repairs to the ML! I do not regret buying that warrantee!
Are you not able to order from Tom Winkels? I called mopar as well and after thanking them for the exact same offer they gave you I reached out to Tom and got the same warranty for $2995.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I think the German car costs of ownership are ridiculous. Fricken money pits. I'd never own a newer German car again (had 3 BMWs). If you have to have one, lease them and get new ones every 3 years.
I loved my Audi A6. Got rid of it after its warranty was up, I owned it for 3.5 years and 65k miles. Regular maintenance was expensive, and I had somewhat minor issues once a year which the warranty covered. Once the warranty was gone, I knew I didn't trust it enough to keep long term (or rather, my bank account didn't trust it).

I do not plan on getting an extended warranty with the JL. If it is good to me, I will keep it. If not, it is gone. I also don't want to put money into a warranty which I may eventually void in aftermarket mods.

E J & G

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2.0 Turbo & 2015 Winnebago Vista 26HE
I bought a 2.0Turbo and plan on keeping it a long time so I bought the lifetime extended warranty
The new engine with turbo and 8 speed trans and eDrive along with all the electronics present the posability of repair expense well in excess of the extended warranty cost

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Are you not able to order from Tom Winkels? I called mopar as well and after thanking them for the exact same offer they gave you I reached out to Tom and got the same warranty for $2995.
Florida must pay MSRP.

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
In addition, Lifetime Maximum Care provides First-Day Rental, Car rental Allowance, $100 Towing/Roadside Assistance and $1,000 Trip Interruption Protection on the day you buy the Lifetime option. These benefits expire at 7 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
How the fuck is "LIFETIME" Maximum Care only good for 100K miles???

Sponsored

tjrider99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Subaru, Harley-Davidson Street Glide

I just got off the phone with Mopar and they also quoted me $4290 plus tax for Max Care lifetime. I live in Indiana so I don't think Florida has anything to do with the price. When I told him he was $1000 higher than any dealer I contacted he said the dealers were hugely discounting the plan and that's why Mopar was discontinuing the plan. I'm currently shopping around!

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I bought the warranty for my wifes grand 6/100k and 5/75k for my challenger. I don't buy the extended warranties on wranglers because I end up with them so modified the times I've had issues its been a major pita and they do everything to deny it. Especially if your jeep has some trail tattoos on the armor.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I just got off the phone with Mopar and they also quoted me $4290 plus tax for Max Care lifetime. I live in Indiana so I don't think Florida has anything to do with the price. When I told him he was $1000 higher than any dealer I contacted he said the dealers were hugely discounting the plan and that's why Mopar was discontinuing the plan. I'm currently shopping around!
In FL you must pay MSRP, period. Since youā€™re in IN you can shop around.

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
I decided to get it. I've had a Jeep Patriot for 11 years now (almost 12) and its gone to the shop for lot of sensor replacements and other mechanical failures that weren't normal wear. I plan to keep this wrangler for a loooong time 12+ years at the very least. So I think i'll get my monies worth on the warranty.
Sponsored