Sponsored

Lifestyle Trails (A.K.A. “Trails for Pusses”) — list them here!!!!!

stickling9

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe; 2013 vw gli; 2022 Maverick Hybrid
Occupation
engineer
lets revive this thread, its a great one! I have two trails we liked in San Diago co on Palomar Mountian State Park. First one is 17mile fire road, pretty, but really easy. second is 3 to 4 hours and little tougher. honestly, I didnt get to finish this one because of high fire risk and they closed the trail.

palomar fire road.jpg

palomar state park.jpg
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Any recommendations for the Nashville-Chattanooga areas?

WIJLU

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Note about trails around Ouray/Silverton/Lake City CO areas:

This is one of my favorite destinations, period. But be warned...the trails seem to get more and more rough every year. Personally, I attribute it to the sheer volume of traffic on the trails now compared to 20+ years ago, and more specifically, all the side-by-side ATV's. All of the small, loose sand/gravel that used to fill in between the larger rocks has been broken up, worn away, washed away and the big rocks are still there. A big rock that stuck up ~2-3 inches before, now sticks up 8-12 inches. The big rock hasn't moved, but all the "filler" material is gone. 6" ledges are now 18" ledges. The road from Silverton to Animas forks and Mineral Creek (the beginning of Engineer from the Hwy 550 side) are a couple of good examples. Trails that used to be "easy" in Jeep on 31's are now challenging to a Jeep on 33's.

Go out and enjoy these areas...but be careful not to get in over your head!!

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Note about trails around Ouray/Silverton/Lake City CO areas:

This is one of my favorite destinations, period. But be warned...the trails seem to get more and more rough every year. Personally, I attribute it to the sheer volume of traffic on the trails now compared to 20+ years ago, and more specifically, all the side-by-side ATV's. All of the small, loose sand/gravel that used to fill in between the larger rocks has been broken up, worn away, washed away and the big rocks are still there. A big rock that stuck up ~2-3 inches before, now sticks up 8-12 inches. The big rock hasn't moved, but all the "filler" material is gone. 6" ledges are now 18" ledges. The road from Silverton to Animas forks and Mineral Creek (the beginning of Engineer from the Hwy 550 side) are a couple of good examples. Trails that used to be "easy" in Jeep on 31's are now challenging to a Jeep on 33's.

Go out and enjoy these areas...but be careful not to get in over your head!!
Seems to be a reacurring problem. I read Jeepers Jamboree is requiring 37" tires now on their Rubicon Trail Jamborre's. It does make it easier but where will it end.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Seems to be a reacurring problem. I read Jeepers Jamboree is requiring 37" tires now on their Rubicon Trail Jamborre's. It does make it easier but where will it end.
40-42's with a long arm suspension and everyone wearing adult diapers.

Sponsored

SnowyHaijo

First Name
Haijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Indiana - Happy Hollow Tunnel - Guilford, IN

Take Bonnel Road west from Guilford, IN until you reach the stream crossing/tunnel. If you continue west down Shale Road, there are two additional shallow stream crossings (under normal conditions). This YouTube video explains it better than I could.

IMG_0240.jpeg

IMG_0239.jpeg

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
Yes! I'd love to see more posting in this thread. I was into highly modified Jeeps 25-30 years ago. Drove them all over the Sierras, can't even count how many times I did the Rubicon and Fordyce Creeks trails. Problem is, with so much modification, and rock crawling skills learned, frankly it got boring, and I got out of it.
Fast forward to now with the '22 JL Willys I just picked up, this thread, and the kinds of wheeling featured in it, are just what I'm looking for at this point in life.
Live in East TN now, and looking forward to new Jeep adventures again!

Cyber_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Just north of Salt Lake City there is a trail in Bountiful, UT called Skyline Drive that has great views of the great salt lake and parts of the city. It is very scenic and can be done in any stock Wrangler.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lifestyle Trails (A.K.A. “Trails for Pusses”) — list them here!!!!! EFEDE41B-33E0-4862-8990-FB653FAB2DC2

Jeep Wrangler JL Lifestyle Trails (A.K.A. “Trails for Pusses”) — list them here!!!!! 174A91E7-516B-4C76-9967-742EBD1B75D5

Jeep Wrangler JL Lifestyle Trails (A.K.A. “Trails for Pusses”) — list them here!!!!! E5DB5147-7947-474E-9B85-AA14C609E71A

It closes down for the winter time, but the fall colors are great.

Sponsored

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
Just north of Salt Lake City there is a trail in Bountiful, UT called Skyline Drive that has great views of the great salt lake and parts of the city. It is very scenic and can be done in any stock Wrangler.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lifestyle Trails (A.K.A. “Trails for Pusses”) — list them here!!!!! E5DB5147-7947-474E-9B85-AA14C609E71A

Very nice. The islands are looking a lot less "islandy"–

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer

I've done this drive in my old Omni! And still worth driving nearly 30 years later in my Jeep. Well worth the drive from anywhere around SLC. Really cool to drive around the Doppler tower you can see from all over SLC and Morgan valleys.

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
UTAH

Well, it’s been a while. A new trail for Pusses…..

Paria Movie Road
Utah
escalante National Monument
You will find it off of highway 89 just east of Kanab UT.

this is an easy dirt road (a little muddy as one gets down towards the Paria River). Do be careful if there has been significant rain as the road my become impassible.

you will travel down this short road to the river (more like a dried creek) and you will pass AMAZINGLY pretty/colorful rock formations. Stunning.

you will also pass the old cemetery for the failed Mormon settlement of Paria. The entire ghost Town has been swept away over the years, leaving only the cemetery. There is a vault toilet if you need it but, frankly, it’s just easier to use a bush. Just ask my wife.

Why is this called “movie” road? Well, Hollywood discovered this place in the 1930’s or 1940’s (after the Mormons gave up) and filmed a bunch of western movies here…. Right up to the 1970s. Including, supposedly, some of Clint Eastwood stuff.. Google it if you care to. They used the old ghost town and also built new sets. ALL of that has also been flooded away. Gone…..

there was NO ONE on the road when we took it, save for one Subaru on his way out. Nice fella.

this is a lovely little drive. Your jeep will have zero issues (unless it’s wet). Perfect for Pusses and those interested in places that once were thriving and then had nothing.

incredible vistas (I don’t know the minerals but the purple rock is amazing):

Jeep Wrangler JL Lifestyle Trails (A.K.A. “Trails for Pusses”) — list them here!!!!! DSCF2610
Sponsored

Last edited: