John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
5 tire rotation for the win! Unfortunately I had to have a tire replaced w/15k on them and was advised not to do the 5 tire rotation anymore. which is annoying knowing when I replace my tires soon I'll have to try to get rid of a brand new tire.
Sponsored

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S, Bright White, Freedom Pkg
My Jeep is in a parking deck more than not. Really only in the elements when its driven. I haven't rotated my tires myself yet. Do those of you that do put all four corners on jack stands or is there a simpler way?
I jack up one corner at a time using the 5th tire to start with.

DirtRoad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
5 tire rotation for the win! Unfortunately I had to have a tire replaced w/15k on them and was advised not to do the 5 tire rotation anymore. which is annoying knowing when I replace my tires soon I'll have to try to get rid of a brand new tire.
If anyone advised me not to do a 5-tire rotation I just wouldn't listen to them about anything anymore.

DirtRoad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone advised me not to do a 5-tire rotation I just wouldn't listen to them about anything anymore.
It makes sense at least in my mind. I have 4 decently worn tires. and one with full tread. I'm planning on replacing all 5 soon within 6 months anyway.

Sponsored

DirtRoad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
It makes sense at least in my mind. I have 4 decently worn tires. and one with full tread. I'm planning on replacing all 5 soon within 6 months anyway.
Ah, ok. I wouldn't bother rotating them at all then.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I don’t think it’s that black and white. What do you do if you have 15k-20k on all 5 tires and cut a sidewall? Replacing just that 1 tire is no good. You have two acceptable options: Replace two and start doing a 4 tire rotation or replace all 5.

DirtRoad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I don’t think it’s that black and white. What do you do if you have 15k-20k on all 5 tires and cut a sidewall? Replacing just that 1 tire is no good. You have two acceptable options: Replace two and start doing a 4 tire rotation or replace all 5.
I'm sure you're right. Nothing is ever completely black and white. I don't see buying 2 tires on a 4x4 being a great idea either though.
Sponsored