Sponsored

License Plate Light Bolts Install

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just added a rear bumper and relocated my plate to the spare tire and needed lights for the license plate. Ordered a cheap set from Aliexpress and received them in a little over a week. Very easy install. Video below in case anyone is interested in doing the same.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
swimman

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
EAG license plate relocation kit (JJLML010). Very solid although the studs are 1/2", not 14MM. Not a huge issue though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
swimman

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The studs are for a 1/2" lug nut (not 14mm). Stock lug nuts will not work. The kit comes with 1/2" lug nuts so you don't need to buy them. The wheel fits on the spare tire studs without issue. You just can't use the stock lug nuts.

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
The studs are for a 1/2" lug nut (not 14mm). Stock lug nuts will not work. The kit comes with 1/2" lug nuts so you don't need to buy them. The wheel fits on the spare tire studs without issue. You just can't use the stock lug nuts.
so what did you use? I tried tapping one of thE supplied extended lug nuts and didn’t accomplish much. Is there a source for others?

OP
OP
swimman

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
so what did you use? I tried tapping one of thE supplied extended lug nuts and didn’t accomplish much. Is there a source for others?
I am using the stock lug nut studs that come with the relocation bracket. The wheel fits over the studs and the kit comes with the lug nuts to secure the wheel to the carrier so nothing more is needed.

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
I am using the stock lug nut studs that come with the relocation bracket. The wheel fits over the studs and the kit comes with the lug nuts to secure the wheel to the carrier so nothing more is needed.
maybe I misunderstood, you are using a EAG bracket in a JL or JLU? I have an EAG but it came it’s 1/2” lug bolts, my JL is 14mm

Sponsored

OP
OP
swimman

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
maybe I misunderstood, you are using a EAG bracket in a JL or JLU? I have an EAG but it came it’s 1/2” lug bolts, my JL is 14mm
Yes, I'm using the EAG bracket in the JLUR. EAG provides the lug nuts which are 1/2" that secure the wheel to the wheel carrier. You don't need to buy 1/2" lugs or try to re-thread the studs to 14mm.

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
Strange, my stock spare carrier has 14mm bolts, not 1/2" so the EAG supplied bolts won't fit. Now I am stuck because I modified the bracket to add a light so I can't return it. Thanks

OP
OP
swimman

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Strange, my stock spare carrier has 14mm bolts, not 1/2" so the EAG supplied bolts won't fit. Now I am stuck because I modified the bracket to add a light so I can't return it. Thanks
I'm not using the stock Jeep carrier. I am using the EAG carrier which has 1/2" studs.

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
Ah, of course, that makes sense now
Sponsored