Sethward01

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
What about relocating the plate, while keeping the Factor 55 unimpeded?

I don't yet have a winch, but have been sitting on a Factor 55 1" fairlead and Ultrahook for months now. In planning for that eventual install, I opted for the Maximus-3 Stealth plate bracket. It mounts via the center mounting bolts for the bumper skid plate.
20210128_132835_resized.jpg
Thats something Im considering as well--Ive seen your Jeep on a few forum posts. Looks fantastic! Ive got a Westin WJ2 Full Width bumper with a skid plate. Though, the skid plate is still on back order. I dont plan on doing much rock climbing while the kids are small, and the skid plate is made in a way so I could zip tie or easily secure the license plate to it. Appreciate the idea though!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sethward01

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
So, i was in the same boat 2 years ago when i put my winch on.

i needed a front plate as the cops here will sometimes give you a fix it ticket if you dont have it.

the bigger reason i wanted one was to cover the fairlead opening during winter. I didn’t want all the snow, salt, sand crap thrown in to my winch.

my solution was simple.

i bought the cheapest license flip off amazon. (Around $15or $20)

i painted an old license plate black with primer & paint in one.

i mounted the old plate on the plate flip bracket, flipped it down, and then bent that plate until most of it was vertical. I then drilled holes in it and mounted my real license on it.

now, i flat tow my jeep, and i have the brake cable coming out just beneath the fairlead, so i wanted more clearance when towing soooooooo

i removed the old plate from the flip bracket, and then attached a pair of rare earth magnets to the old plate. The magnets now attach it to the flip bracket. I can just flip it up, or pull it off completely.

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Sounds good. Appreciate it!
AEV on a 1inch thick hawse fairlead. I had to bend the arms out a little (down to reduce angle and increase distance from bumper) to fit a flatlink behind. I like the way the plate works as a road grime and debris shield for my rope. Super quick to take off and put back on. No hinged plate that can get in the way on some winchings when you’re nose down and anchored to something up the hill.

Pics are from my JK. I bought one for my JL but the Factor55 hawse fairlead is too big and can’t fit it behind the fairlead

On
Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Cover with Factor 55 Flatlink 685F915F-247D-450E-96EF-422DE2B61581

Off
Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Cover with Factor 55 Flatlink 69A888D4-974F-4FC5-84BE-73EFE0C82C3B

Side view
Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Cover with Factor 55 Flatlink AF2586B3-EEB1-4289-9AFF-FC4D0F265DB3

OP
OP
Sethward01

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
AEV on a 1inch thick hawse fairlead. I had to bend the arms out a little (down to reduce angle and increase distance from bumper) to fit a flatlink behind. I like the way the plate works as a road grime and debris shield for my rope. Super quick to take off and put back on. No hinged plate that can get in the way on some winchings when you’re nose down and anchored to something up the hill.

Pics are from my JK. I bought one for my JL but the Factor55 hawse fairlead is too big and can’t fit it behind the fairlead

On
Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Cover with Factor 55 Flatlink AF2586B3-EEB1-4289-9AFF-FC4D0F265DB3

Off

Side view
I
I like that better than the flip up style. Will PM you. Thanks!

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I really like the way that looks. I didnt see any mods on the page with a brand/name. I may have to reach out and see what they used.
Not mine but thought it looked cool. Guess he added a little extension to flip bracket.

That looks a lot like the stock plastic bumper license plate frame on an aftermarket hawse flip up. Not a bad idea. I might add this to my Fishbone flip up plate frame.

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU)

I don't yet have a winch, but have been sitting on a Factor 55 1" fairlead and Ultrahook for months now. In planning for that eventual install, I opted for the Maximus-3 Stealth plate bracket. It mounts via the center mounting bolts for the bumper skid plate.
Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Cover with Factor 55 Flatlink IMG_2444 copy
Hey Headbarcode,

Apologies for drudging up an old post here. I am moving to NY very soon and was looking at the same mount. A couple of Jeep friends warned that this “stealth” style may not be legal in NY, as it may be hard to read when looking straight on.

My question too would be: have you had any trouble with law enforcement with this style bracket yet? Any tickets or even just warnings? Also, are you able to pass NY inspections no problem with this bracket?

Thanks so much!
AP

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Headbarcode,

Apologies for drudging up an old post here. I am moving to NY very soon and was looking at the same mount. A couple of Jeep friends warned that this “stealth” style may not be legal in NY, as it may be hard to read when looking straight on.

My question too would be: have you had any trouble with law enforcement with this style bracket yet? Any tickets or even just warnings? Also, are you able to pass NY inspections no problem with this bracket?

Thanks so much!
AP
Technically, the law is written in that the front plate must be mounted perpendicular to the ground.

I actually installed that plate bracket in the dealer lot on the day I took delivery. That was almost 4 years and 74k miles ago, and I've never been pulled over. I also use an inspection shop that follows the law to the letter, and it's never even been mentioned. And they will fail me in a second if I so much as put the lightest tint on the front windows, so I don't get any special treatment at all.

I say go for it. Just a heads up though, some winch plates come with a mount that puts the license plate in nearly the same location. Here's a couple pics of the Stealth bracket and after installing the Warn winch plate and winch...
Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Cover with Factor 55 Flatlink 20210816_101504_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Cover with Factor 55 Flatlink 20220806_091501_resized

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
I have the Cascade, works perfectly

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Cover with Factor 55 Flatlink 20220806_091501_resized
That's how I have mine mounted now, trying to find a flip up Hawse compatible bracket since I have a FlatLink.

https://donmontalvo.com/2023/07/08/home-depot-for-screws/

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

20210128_132835_resized.jpg
Same, she takes a beating every now and again, but 🤷

Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Cover with Factor 55 Flatlink 1689006134743
Sponsored