Sponsored

License plate, 3rd brake light, and rear camera relocation all in one?

moosetown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey all,
I'm looking for some solution to have some all in one license plate, 3rd brake light, and rear camera relocation. It would be nice if it was attached by threaded lug nuts similar to the mopar brake light relocation. My beadlocks block the camera partially and it bothers me. I currently run the evo tailgate reinforcement.

I've thought of maybe combining these two:
https://genright.com/products/jeep-wrangler-jl-camera-mount-w-license-plate-frame.html
https://www.artecindustries.com/JL_License_Mount

then making or concocting a custom bracket. Has anyone solved this and have a design?
Sponsored

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Motobilt has what you need. License plate mount and light, 3rd brake light, and rear camera relocation.

0328191134_HDR~2.jpg

0513192114~2.jpg

OP
OP
moosetown

moosetown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Motobilt has what you need. License plate mount and light, 3rd brake light, and rear camera relocation.
thanks! that little light is the 3rd brake light? is it decently bright?[/QUOTE]

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
thanks! that little light is the 3rd brake light? is it decently bright?
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the outward part is the red 3rd brake light and the inward part is white for the license plate light. It's not as bright as the OEM lights but does the job.

Sponsored

terryb

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
@4xnaz I really like that look. On the motobilt website the kit is listed as going with a tire delete and doesn't mention mounting it to the spare. How does it attach to your spare? I have the mopar tailgate reinforcement kit and want to make sure it will work.

EDIT: Finally found the right kit on the motobilt site. Still have the following question.

Also, how easy is it to remove if you need to get to the spare?

Last edited:

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
This is a Rugged Ridge plate relocation kit that I am in the process of modifying to also integrate the camera, plate illumination, and third brake light. Here is the why and how. Bear with me....
Added a spare tire reinforcement kit. I also needed to space and lift the 37X13.50r17 to clear bumper. Picked up a JK spacer from a guy on LetGo for 15 bucks. Changed lugs to JL. Cut factory camera mount so JK spacer would mount. Center bored a 2" hole in the RR mount. I will install the camera using the plastic factory mount removed before cutting the aluminum camera base off the factory spare tire carrier. This will be done by using a 2" rubber grommet and fabricated bracket. I will also use a poison Spyder plate led/3rd brake light kit. I have put a LOT of thought into how I could accomplish spare tire fitment, plate and camera relocation, illumination and third brake light without spending $800+. I will be around 200 in parts plus some fabricating time. Here is my modified bracket far. Waiting on 2" grommet and Poison Spyder kit to arrive. Will post a photo when completed.
20191113_181236.jpg

terryb

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
New This is a Rugged Ridge plate relocation kit that I am in the process of modifying to also integrate the camera, plate illumination, and third brake light.
Nice work. Looking forward to the finished project.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
LOD makes one as well. I don't have a close up photo of it but here's the one I have.
5E3EECA3-2D57-46AA-9CEA-2E0EF1ED2B0E.jpeg
I added some phenolic bumpers to keep the license plate light wires from being crushed by my beadlock ring.

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Nice work. Looking forward to the finished project.
The JK spacer actually FLIPPED the bolt pattern on the spare to one lug top and two bottom with a slight slant that required some extra fab work. Would be MUCH easier if not for that.

Sponsored

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@4xnaz I really like that look. On the motobilt website the kit is listed as going with a tire delete and doesn't mention mounting it to the spare. How does it attach to your spare? I have the mopar tailgate reinforcement kit and want to make sure it will work.

EDIT: Finally found the right kit on the motobilt site. Still have the following question.

Also, how easy is it to remove if you need to get to the spare?
Sorry for the late response but the removal to get to the tire is very simple. I should know, I've had two blown sidewalls with trail changes with this kit installed. There are the two quick release wires (one for camera and one for light kit) and the two bolts holding the frame to the tire carrier. Just a few extra minutes of your time before the tire can be removed.