Liberty / Independence Trail CO - Video ! Most Extreme crawling to date

JL-Jeepster

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL , 2006 F250 Diesel

This trails is rated 8-10 dependending on which section. Last section is definitely a 10 imho

We winched up the most difficult section as it’s usually done top to bottom. But did it in reverse and broke out the rear tail light and popped off the rear fender (clipped it back in later). Zip tied the tail light back on ! Three others also broke off tail-lights. I was the only JL
Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Very cool! Glad you are using it for what the Jeep is built to do.

Others might disagree but it made me cringe when you were hanging out of the car taking video from your phone. There are so many things that can go wrong with very little upside. I have seen several broken limbs from people hanging outside of a rig while wheeling. It also seems like an unneeded distraction- not trying to troll just my 2 cents.

Very nice job navigating everything there BTW.

OP
OP
JL-Jeepster

JL-Jeepster

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very cool! Glad you are using it for what the Jeep is built to do.

Others might disagree but it made me cringe when you were hanging out of the car taking video from your phone. There are so many things that can go wrong with very little upside. I have seen several broken limbs from people hanging outside of a rig while wheeling. It also seems like an unneeded distraction- not trying to troll just my 2 cents.

Very nice job navigating everything there BTW.

Haha Thanks, that was actually me using the Wireless winch controller... I agree though gotta try keep limbs and all body parts inside.

OP
OP
JL-Jeepster

JL-Jeepster

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Haha Thanks, that was actually me using the Wireless winch controller... I agree though gotta try keep limbs and all body parts inside.
That makes me feel much better!
Wicked cool wheeling. I do not have the balls to do that with my rig yet. I will stick with 4-7 rated trails until she has a few more miles on her.

OP
OP
JL-Jeepster

JL-Jeepster

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That makes me feel much better!
Wicked cool wheeling. I do not have the balls to do that with my rig yet. I will stick with 4-7 rated trails until she has a few more miles on her.
It's all good... at least you ARE taking it out on the trail and it helps when you go with a group and see others do these obstacles. I am really impressed with how composed the JL is on this stuff with 37s vs my previous JK even though it had a bigger lift and 35s.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I am researching a remote mount for my winch where I mount the control box or hookup in the cab. I have seen old mud trucks do this, seems like would work well for rock crawling.

OP
OP
JL-Jeepster

JL-Jeepster

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am researching a remote mount for my winch where I mount the control box or hookup in the cab. I have seen old mud trucks do this, seems like would work well for rock crawling.
The winch is a Zeon Platinum 10k it comes with the wireless remote and has a wireless clutch. I’m not sure about how the add on packs work for the non wireless winched. It’s very responsive no noticeable delay and connects fast. It also has 2 aux connections you can use from the remote and I’ve wired my LED pods to it !
Sponsored