Sponsored

Level out with spacer lift or suspension lift?

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Hey guys, i need some help/advice

Have a 2019 4dr Rubicon.

Just added the heavy smittybilt xrc front bunper with x20 12k winch. Will add the xrc rear bumper soon.

I noticed the front dropped a little and i can tell the vehicle isnt level.

As i said, ill be adding the rear bumper as well. And i will be gettinf 35s soon

I wont be doing any crazy off roading or rock crawling but do want to hit some trails.

Will the spacer lift even/level out the Jeep or will i need something better like the mopar 2in lift to accomplish this, taking into consideration that ill be adding the rear bumper and getting 35s?

Ive seen some posts of the rough country 2.5 spacer lift on saharas and love how level it looks.
Sponsored

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Any reason not to go with the RC lift kit vs Mopar?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D3DNPV...&pd_rd_r=0cfd3b27-5c67-11e9-8062-731ec12980fe

Other than extended control arms that Mopar kit brings.
The arms that come with Mopar kit aren’t quite long enough to give you enough castor for better drivability unless you get exactly 2” out of it. A few guys say they did but the majority of people say they got more than 2 inches like me, I got 3.5 inches. So just be prepared to buy some adjustable lcas if you get more than 2” .

Sponsored

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
The arms that come with Mopar kit aren’t quite long enough to give you enough castor for better drivability unless you get exactly 2” out of it. A few guys say they did but the majority of people say they got more than 2 inches like me, I got 3.5 inches. So just be prepared to buy some adjustable lcas if you get more than 2” .
excuse my lack of knowledge, how would you get more than 2" if thats what its suppose to be? What would cause that?

And if I did get more, would my stock LCA still work while i shopped around for adjustable ones?

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
That’s the million dollar question,lol. This is what I think, and it’s just a theory, I think mopar was allowing for guys to put on steel bumpers, winch, body armor, oversized spare tire, etc.... that would make it come back to their target height of 2” but I think they over estimated the weight. I don’t have any idea why some are getting 2”, unless they got more but didn’t measure before and after. Again this is just a guess. But even at 2” you should get adjustable control arms so you can give it some added castor. Because when you go up your castor is less, and it will make it squirrelly, or wander. It’s like riding a tricycle compared to a bicycle, when you turn handle bars on trike the steering is quick and abrupt but on a bicycle where the wheel is out in front of you it’s easier to steer.... if that makes any sense... :)
In my head I wondered if that would be the case. Adding extra weight with bumpers/winch/etc ....

Might hit the RC then and look for adjustable control arms then.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
If it is only .5~3/4 inches a spacer will level it out. A spring lift kit will not only level it out but give you more height, which will result in better clearance for anything above the pumpkin and better articulation, keep that in mind.

So if you want to keep a rubicon height, get the spacers and call it a day. Another thing to consider is that if your jeep is sagging, it is because the springs are compressing more at the front, so adding the spacers will level it out but the springs should remain compressed. A lift kit will not only level you out, but hold the extra weight better.

But winch+bumper you got are quite heavy, so I am not surprised it dropped. It is unlikely the rear bumper will level it out. I would just get spacers and call it a day, but if you are planning to get more heavy stuff on the jeep such as skid plates and that, I would get a small lift kit on it.
Sponsored