Level 2 Wallbox charger recognized as Level 1 charger in Jeep 4xe

azvbjeep03

First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
I recently had a Wallbox Level 2 charger installed at my home. The Wallbox app says its charging at 40amp, but the Uconnect app for the Jeep shows it as a Level 1 charger, and it is taking 12 hours for a full charge. Has anyone encountered this before? Is there a Jeep setting to change?

Uconnect.jpg

WallBox.jpg

JEEP.jpg
Sponsored

CsD

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
I have the same Wallbox and mine shows level 2

Jeep Wrangler JL Level 2 Wallbox charger recognized as Level 1 charger in Jeep 4xe E152BC92-2655-4688-A35E-E44C7D9AF884

i have never had to mess with any setting either. The only difference I see is my Wallbox says charging at 40amp.

Jeep Wrangler JL Level 2 Wallbox charger recognized as Level 1 charger in Jeep 4xe AC287A71-257C-4374-ACC3-9B2B363A7B71

Also noted that my Wallbox has a update tonight to, however I think your issue maybe with the Uconnect. I’ve had mine since April 21 with no issues.

does it still charge at a level 1 pace to?

Last edited:
OP
OP
azvbjeep03

azvbjeep03

First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
I have the same Wallbox and mine shows level 2

i have never had to mess with any setting either. The only difference I see is my Wallbox says charging at 40amp.

does it still charge at a level 1 pace to?
Yes, I have restored and updated the Wallbox charger and also tried adjusting the amps.
It is still charging at a level 1 pace. I have a ticket open with Wallbox. I'm guessing I'll have to get an electrician back out to look at it. Thanks!

CsD

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Yes, I have restored and updated the Wallbox charger and also tried adjusting the amps.
It is still charging at a level 1 pace. I have a ticket open with Wallbox. I'm guessing I'll have to get an electrician back out to look at it. Thanks!
I hope it all gets fixed up for you. That’s really odd. Been super happy with mine so hoping it’s just a funky thing with yours. Good luck

Elessar

First Name
Elessar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe -22
I have a same kind of an issue, although a bit different: I have Webasto Pure II wall charger (11kw setting with 3x16A) which worked just fine for my previous cars giving just that output. Now, Jeep seems to take in only 3+ kW, charging time being just under 5 hours. Public charger shows 2,5 hour charging time, so I wonder what's wrong here...? According to the Webasto manual, that 3+kw is the amount for 1x16A setting but I haven't changed anything and other vehicles still see it as a 3 phase charger and get 11kw. Any ideas please? Electricians don't have a clue.

Sponsored

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
I had an issue right after installing a L2 at home some years back, where it wasn't delivering sufficient amperage.. Electrician came out and re-rightened all of the collections and it wasn't a problem ever since.

If you think it might be a car issue you can try to plug the charger into someone else's car, or perhaps borrow someone else's L2 charger and plugging it into your plug at home to see which combo makes the problem go away

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
How are folks liking Wallbox? I am about to buy the 40amp for $600.

OP
OP
azvbjeep03

azvbjeep03

First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
It has been great since they came back and installed it correctly. :)

BigMaCro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe Rubicon, 2004 WJ
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carhauler
Vehicle Showcase
I have a same kind of an issue, although a bit different: I have Webasto Pure II wall charger (11kw setting with 3x16A) which worked just fine for my previous cars giving just that output. Now, Jeep seems to take in only 3+ kW, charging time being just under 5 hours. Public charger shows 2,5 hour charging time, so I wonder what's wrong here...? According to the Webasto manual, that 3+kw is the amount for 1x16A setting but I haven't changed anything and other vehicles still see it as a 3 phase charger and get 11kw. Any ideas please? Electricians don't have a clue.
Hi I just saw this old message. The webasto is just a "connector", the charger is in the jeep. The Jeep 4xe's onboard charger can only accept single-phase power up to 32A. The wiring to your Webasto can only deliver 16 amps on each of the three "legs", but the Jeep can only take one leg, leaving the other two unutilized. When you go to the public charger, it can deliver the full 32A on a single phase.

CsD

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
I’ve loved mine. Been working since I got the Jeep 16 months ago. Wallbox has been flawless.
Sponsored