First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
soooo, I finally got 2 50A outlets setup in my garage. one for the 4xe, and since I was finally doing something, I added a second in case I get another EV, or I can also use it for my RV.

Here is the problem: Now that I have 2 perfectly good 240V outlets........

I can now get a welder. I have wanted one for a loooooooong time, but wasn't willing to get one when all i had was 120V in the garage, and be limited on metals thickness i could play with.

suggestions for a good Multi process welder that can also do aluminum?

I am a complete noob. (I have been soldering all my life, but no welding in the traditional sense)

I am looking to be able to to stuff like tabs & braces on the jeep, as well as things like frame tabs on my race motorcycles. (the motorcycle frames are aluminum, hence the aluminum requirement)

I would like the buy once to cover most I would want to weld, but as usual, I do not expect to be using this a lot, so i do not want to throw away money on the best of the best for no reason.

I am open to any info / suggestions from those who weld.

Thank You!
Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
soooo, I finally got 2 50A outlets setup in my garage. one for the 4xe, and since I was finally doing something, I added a second in case I get another EV, or I can also use it for my RV.

Here is the problem: Now that I have 2 perfectly good 240V outlets........

I can now get a welder. I have wanted one for a loooooooong time, but wasn't willing to get one when all i had was 120V in the garage, and be limited on metals thickness i could play with.

suggestions for a good Multi process welder that can also do aluminum?

I am a complete noob. (I have been soldering all my life, but no welding in the traditional sense)

I am looking to be able to to stuff like tabs & braces on the jeep, as well as things like frame tabs on my race motorcycles. (the motorcycle frames are aluminum, hence the aluminum requirement)

I would like the buy once to cover most I would want to weld, but as usual, I do not expect to be using this a lot, so i do not want to throw away money on the best of the best for no reason.

I am open to any info / suggestions from those who weld.

Thank You!
I was thinking of getting a welder for my son but I don't know much either. He has a 110V one now which still scares me. Get as much scrap metal as you can for practice. Seems like it's a hard feel to get.

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
I have a Harbor Freight 240v wire feed welder with the argon tank kit. Actually works great. Have restored 3 classic cars (frame off) and the welder worked like a champ the entire time. Even used it to make the auto body rotisserie and other thicker metal welding.

Miller is great and we use those at work but for the home hobbyist the HF welder works for me.
Sponsored