Level 1 noob here - do I lock my doors?

dudewithajeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Sport
I just ordered my first wrangler - and my first convertible... Sounds kinda silly.. but do I just never lock my doors because it's not as secure? Is that a thing?
Sponsored

OP
OP
dudewithajeep

dudewithajeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Sport
No why would you not lock your doors? Especially in this day and age.

idk, just saying if it's a convertible and the top is down/ windows off... 🤷‍♀️ why would I lock it... right?

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
idk, just saying if it's a convertible and the top is down/ windows off... 🤷‍♀️ why would I lock it... right?
If the doors are also off, I get your point. But as someone already stated, for the sake of the alarm system, I would lock the jeep. The alarm doesn’t only lock the doors, it also fully disables critical components and activates security systems including a digital immobilizer, making hot-wiring the jeep practically impossible.

The_Armed_Gardener

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Willys 2021 2D, Subaru, Ford Ranger, Aluminum Jet Pump Sled
Occupation
Transit Authority Paratransit Operator
When I go to a high crime area or when I leave my vehicle at a trailhead I take my old truck. I don't leave anything inside worth stealing and I don't want to pay for a broken window. I do not lock the doors... true. You don't have windows so you are fine... j/k. : )

Deleted member 59498

You should lock, will bypass the thieves trying to open doors in a parking lot. Rarely will they cut your top. But then I did get a window knocked out for an empty amazon box I left in.

Sponsored

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
I have a hard top but I've spoken to a few soft top owners and they basically don't leave anything worth stealing and try to keep things locked up in the center console or glove compartment or not visible especially in areas of questionable feeling or reputation. Some don't lock their doors cause they'd rather not have someone rip the soft top to get in.

Depends on you honestly. Not sure how hot Wrangler doors are on the illegal parts market but I'd be more concerned about someone knocking off my doors if I didn't lock them. They are so easy and quick to remove even without power tools.

Doug Huse

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, Fire Cracker Red, 2019 Winnie M/H, Kia
This is my fifth convertible. All parked outside in Southern California. Never had anything stolen. I lock my doors and I set my security system.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
If you live in the zip you state in your profile, loose the top, it never rains there, get a kill switch, and a man bag, cause your not going to ever leave crap of value in your jeep.

kill switch is a good idea, these things disappear a lot in LA.
Sponsored