Sponsored

Letter from Jeep offering extended warranty

Brian001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL
Do a search on these forums for extended warranty and you'll find discounted ones being offered by a few dealers.

hrhnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I paid 2800 for my lifetime warranty... so not a great deal IMO

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
I got a letter today, ostensibly from Jeep/FCA. Seems legit.

It’s offering an extended warranty. Called the number, and dude says I can get 8 years, 85k miles (you can choose your years and miles), bumper to bumper, for $2885.
Of course that’s only a 5 year extension, but still, $577 a year with all the electro-trash that’s virtually certain to go haywire on my Jeep, it seems reasonable.
But here’s the kicker!
Dude says I get all of my money back at the end of 8 years if I don’t use it.
Oh, and I have to do it today or tomorrow, because it’s going up 15% on Monday.
That scares me.
I was born at night, but not last night.
I’m intrigued, but skeptical.
Any thoughts?

Chrysler in fact does these, I actually purchased one at the dealer when i bought. Mine was 100,000 5 years for $2500. The caveat is that if you hit 100,000 before you still have to wait 5 years to get the money back.

Sponsored

Katej1213

First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Occupation
Paralegal
www.jeepfactorywarranty.com has them. They have extended Mopar warranties. I do not have one personally but have looked into purchasing one for my 2018 JL. I’m just trying to decide if it’s worth it because my Jeep already came with a lifetime powertrain warranty. Here’s kind of what the website looks like.

CA227B5C-B78A-47D9-807E-415B6F5DCC69.jpeg

77F6794F-00E4-45CC-900B-E30B91632618.jpeg

JL4ROKS

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've had 3 mopar extended warranties and fortunately never used one, that of course means after the regular Jeep warranty. Most Jeeps were over 3 years 36 and I did get "some" money back, never close to the amount paid! The refund check came to me directly from Chrysler so I believe the dealer had nothing to do with the refund?

I'd sure question the "full refund" if not used????

My 2018 JLUS extended mopar warranty same years and mileage you mention was $1250. thru my dealer. He match some one line MoPar dealer's offer, his first price was such as you mention. Check that way first?

If you choose, do a mopar NOT an aftermarket warranty!!

Go Jeep!!!
You have a copy of the that you could edit and share? In SoCal it is not $1250 for 8 years!

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I wrote a college report when I was a statistics major about extended warranty payouts. It was about 20 years ago, but I remember the staggering low percentage of people who get their money worth on an extended warranty. Like, less than 10%. It's just like insurance; most of us pay for the other peoples' bad fortunes.
Ex neighbor was c-level at an extended warranty company ... had a rolls, Bentley, 7series, Escalade, and cars for the kids, and multiple homes ...

Ski

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon unlimited, 2009 Nissan Maxima
I've had 3 mopar extended warranties and fortunately never used one, that of course means after the regular Jeep warranty. Most Jeeps were over 3 years 36 and I did get "some" money back, never close to the amount paid! The refund check came to me directly from Chrysler so I believe the dealer had nothing to do with the refund?

I'd sure question the "full refund" if not used????

My 2018 JLUS extended mopar warranty same years and mileage you mention was $1250. thru my dealer. He match some one line MoPar dealer's offer, his first price was such as you mention. Check that way first?

If you choose, do a mopar NOT an aftermarket warranty!!

Go Jeep!!!

Hey Wolfdog, so you purchased an 8 year, 85,000 mile Mopar extended warranty for $1250? When did you purchase this and from what dealership did you buy from? I just purchased a 2019 JL Rubicon and my dealer offered me an 8 year, 100,000 mile extended warranty for $2175. If I could get the same deal or close to what you were offered I would be extremely interested. Thanks for your time!

Ski

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I got my letter. Threw it in the trash.

Sponsored

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Ex neighbor was c-level at an extended warranty company ... had a rolls, Bentley, 7series, Escalade, and cars for the kids, and multiple homes ...
And warranties on none of them? :giggle:

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Hey all, just checked MoPar site and my warranty is listed as 7 years, 75K it was $1250. It was offered first at 1800 then the dealer matched a price offered by "Zielger" (??) I believe.

So looking at the above post with Extended warranties I see no 7/75 and I think those prices are based on Jeeps with 100K factory warranties in place as purchased. My JL was purchased Feb 2018 that's when extended warranty was purchased, so over a year ago. I believe when they dropped lifetime extended warranties they raised prices on all others?

My regular standard Jeep warranty comes only with a 3 year 36K warranty (bumper to bumper) with a 5 year 60K "limited" powertrain warranty. I do not believe any 2018/19 JL's come with 100k "limited" powertrain warranties? Maybe other states than MA??

Apologizes for the confusion!

Wolfdog

Last edited:

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Hey all, just checked MoPar site and my warranty is listed as 7 years, 75K it was $1250. It was offered first at 1800 then the dealer matched a price offered by "Zielger" (??) I believe.

So looking at the above post with Extended warranties I see no 7/75 and I think those prices are based on Jeeps with 100K factory warranties in place as purchased. My JL was purchased Feb 2018 that's when extended warranty was purchased, so over a year ago. I believe when they dropped lifetime extended warranties they raised prices on all others?

My regular standard Jeep warranty comes only with a 3 year 36K warranty (bumper to bumper) with a 5 year 60K "limited" powertrain warranty. I do not believe any 2018/19 JL's come with 100k "limited" powertrain warranties? Maybe other states than MA??

Apologizes for the confusion!

Wolfdog
I think different dealerships can offer different packages. I bought a 10 year 120,000 mile bumper to bumper FCA warranty when I bought my Jeep through my dealership. I'm going to sell it back though and recoup my money.
Sponsored