Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_20200421_094435.jpg
I use the Rubicon seats and the tailgate OEM panel plus strap a couple to the back roll cage bars. Handles everything I need. I used long black zip ties threaded thru the slots and the MOLLE straps. Ties are easier to put thru the slots. They don't sag so the door closes fine, what I store in them either doesn't need to have the bag removed or I use smaller bags to keep different things separate in them. I wasn't going to spend $50 or $100 for something to put on the tailgate. Meets my needs at just the cost of the bags, usually off Amazon, Ebay or Walmart. Also had labels printed or us velcro tags (such as red cross for first aid bag) to keep track what is in them.

Last edited:

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Doc - Great products, I actually bought some stuff from you for my FJ way back when. I now have a 2020 JLUR with the Sky One-Touch. I can't seem to find any side mounted cargo panels that work for it. All of them are made for the hardtops. Have you looked into making anything? Thanks!

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Yeah...I would like to see that. Although if I could pry the Jeep from my wifes hands....I could take a picture myself.
Took a while, but as requested. New phone= better Pics!

D2977053-5E89-4631-803B-E761EF16D367.jpeg

465EE7F0-0A90-4615-A3AE-A8DD84C026E5.jpeg

AB6DBB1B-D638-4193-BF2C-C2D7058B3577.jpeg

14F25AAA-DF4C-4172-A0BA-5442EF329974.jpeg

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
..... They don't sag so the door closes fine....
Mike, I'm not saying you did it wrong with other bags, but I figured it was worth pointing out for anyone who doesn't know since you mentioned it.
When properly installed a MOLLE bag should not sag. Many people attach things to MOLLE webbing improperly. Instead of looping the strap through the webbing of the mount surface, you should weave though the webbing of both the bag and mount. When you do this the bag will be tight to the surface and can carry a lot of weight without sagging/bouncing. By weaving correctly you can pick up a loaded ruck by the hip belt or accessory bag and it won't pull away .

I made a crude image to show how to properly weave it. In my diagram the strap is red for clarity, but obviously the strap will match the color of the bag.

molle weave.jpg

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mike, I'm not saying you did it wrong with other bags, but I figured it was worth pointing out for anyone who doesn't know since you mentioned it.
When properly installed a MOLLE bag should not sag. Many people attach things to MOLLE webbing improperly. Instead of looping the strap through the webbing of the mount surface, you should weave though the webbing of both the bag and mount. When you do this the bag will be tight to the surface and can carry a lot of weight without sagging/bouncing. By weaving correctly you can pick up a loaded ruck by the hip belt or accessory bag and it won't pull away .

I made a crude image to show how to properly weave it. In my diagram the strap is red for clarity, but obviously the strap will match the color of the bag.

molle weave.jpg
I agree and did it that way on the back of the seats. But I didn't want to cut the vent holes in the swing gate cover bigger to fit the snaps through MOLLE style so I compromised. That way I can remove them and the gate cover is still original.

Ultron

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just installed a couple Maxpedition roll up dump pouches on the backs of the front seats. Passenger side largest size
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's talk MOLLE Bags, Tailgate Racks/Tables and general Jeep storage Polish_20200610_145735845
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's talk MOLLE Bags, Tailgate Racks/Tables and general Jeep storage IMG_20200610_110439

And driver's side (the small size since my kid sits there in his booster seat)
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's talk MOLLE Bags, Tailgate Racks/Tables and general Jeep storage IMG_20200610_110433
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's talk MOLLE Bags, Tailgate Racks/Tables and general Jeep storage IMG_20200610_110418

Allows extra storage space but is completely out of the way when not in use.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Just remember the nicer things you put on there if it can be picked up or just pulled off and stole easy then you need to think about when you take your top off if you do in the summer. We take a hardtop off and all four doors May 1st to October 1st so mine were about $10 a piece my bags if somebody wants to steal and they can have them I looked into the guy that makes the custom plates and all that panels I've got his number everybody wants it but I'm not going to put something on there that people can just steal I'm not going to pay $50 for some bags like people have he will steal that stuff it's horrible but in going wrong they do my bags for $10 off Amazon they steal them I can replace with no problem and there's nothing in those bags that's expensive you can use your cargo compartment even with the door and top off if the tailgates lock they cannot open that compartment that's where you put valuable stuff that's expensive like a battery starter like wheat the noco one we have you put that then that's $100 we keep stuff like that in there

aphillips76

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door
Build Thread
Link
Well, I just installed the @Springtail rear table with MPAC bags into my 2-door JLR and I have to say, I’m impressed. The instruction video was right on. The product is rattle free and VERY tight. This is my first interaction with MOLLE so learning the right weaving technique took me a little time but once I figured it out, love it! I now have all of my gear neatly in its place and don't worry about it rolling around.

The velcro on the bags is a really nice touch. Grab and go when you need a bag.

Great job Springtail Solutions!
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's talk MOLLE Bags, Tailgate Racks/Tables and general Jeep storage 038EC30A-041D-47F6-BEB1-8C7DE478132B

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's talk MOLLE Bags, Tailgate Racks/Tables and general Jeep storage D20AA77B-7996-4DEA-8DE9-A446656F975D

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's talk MOLLE Bags, Tailgate Racks/Tables and general Jeep storage FDC05DFB-DA69-42AF-A3A3-10255490F889

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Well, I just installed the @Springtail rear table with MPAC bags into my 2-door JLR and I have to say, I’m impressed. The instruction video was right on. The product is rattle free and VERY tight. This is my first interaction with MOLLE so learning the right weaving technique took me a little time but once I figured it out, love it! I now have all of my gear neatly in its place and don't worry about it rolling around.

The velcro on the bags is a really nice touch. Grab and go when you need a bag.

Great job Springtail Solutions!
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's talk MOLLE Bags, Tailgate Racks/Tables and general Jeep storage FDC05DFB-DA69-42AF-A3A3-10255490F889

I had nearly the exact same experience with my Springtail Solutions MPAC tailgate table install late last week. This is the 2nd Springtail table I've bought (my 2013 JKR had one as well) and I'm impressed by the improvements to the design (specifically the latches). It's very solidly built, takes good advantage of the factory mounting points, the instructions and video made for a very easy install, and the table is very sturdy and quiet. I couldn't be happier with my MPAC table from Springtail.

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's talk MOLLE Bags, Tailgate Racks/Tables and general Jeep storage IMG_3183
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's talk MOLLE Bags, Tailgate Racks/Tables and general Jeep storage IMG_3184

And on my old JKR:
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's talk MOLLE Bags, Tailgate Racks/Tables and general Jeep storage IMG_7705
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.