Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Yeah, I want it to be as quiet as possible, owning built V8s most of my life has spoiled me, V6 just isn’t the same, and if I could catch one of those damn rice burners that go around me I’d use it for a flex ramp….. 😂
Shoot, while the 3.6 is meh for exhaust note, at least the 3.6 sounds like there's something there lol. The 2.0 is nothing but valve train noises and occasional turbo whine when you're in the throttle. Love the power under boost in the little 2 door, but none of the sounds this thing makes are endearing, and I don't think any exhaust is changing that. So, clearance and weight become the consideration for me.
Sponsored

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I want it to be as quiet as possible, owning built V8s most of my life has spoiled me, V6 just isn’t the same, and if I could catch one of those damn rice burners that go around me I’d use it for a flex ramp….. 😂
hey now, I’ve never been more terrified for my life when a buddy from high school let me have a ride in his dads Supra, thing went from 0-100 real quick. FedEx pilots and their lucrative time and money I suppose lol.

Spencer

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Off topic but related to the Fox shocks.

Been looking to relocate the front shock reservoirs from where the instructions want them to a better location out of harms way and this was what I came up with. It’s not the prettiest install but it works perfect. Up high out of harms way and no more wind noise whistling when driving.

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's Talk Fox 2.5" DSC Shocks Tuned By AccuTune vs. Stock Fox IMG_1105
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's Talk Fox 2.5" DSC Shocks Tuned By AccuTune vs. Stock Fox IMG_1106
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's Talk Fox 2.5" DSC Shocks Tuned By AccuTune vs. Stock Fox IMG_1107

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Yes , definitely do as I say and not as I do…..run a half to one inch shaft showing…lol… you definitely get farther into your bumps on hard hits….. I’m using MC jounces now and they’re a lot better than the oems. They don’t squish as far….now I’m this much with the same amount of pucks……..
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's Talk Fox 2.5" DSC Shocks Tuned By AccuTune vs. Stock Fox IMG_1107

The rears are here……

What I’m doing works for me, YMMV …….
I installed my front evo outboard shock mounts on memorial weekend and the bracket looks like it actually raises the lower mounting point up slightly, so now im at almost identical amount of shaft showing in the front as your photo now without having to mess with my bump stops 👍

I also fixed a clearance issue I had with my front driver spring rubbing on my Rustys track bar frame brace at full stuff by grinding down on the bracket where it was rubbing.

Only clearance issue left is I noticed is the backside of my extended jounce tubes are rubbing on both driver/passenger springs. Not sure if that is happening at full stuff or full droop, but I don't feel like messing with all my control arms to figure that out so i'll leave that headache for another day.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just did a 150 mile round trip on combined highway and freeway averaging 65-80 mph…… I set my fronts 2 clicks on high speed and 6 clicks on low speed and on the rears I ran my 3 low and 3 high combo I use a lot on road…..But I ran the sway bar disconnected….. Redneck Antirocks ……..🤣 ….. holy shit what I nice ride that was…..Just another pretty cool option these shocks give you…..👍 (obligatory pic, cause it just makes the post more interesting, I hate reading a book without pictures, it sucks balls…….🤓 …….

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's Talk Fox 2.5" DSC Shocks Tuned By AccuTune vs. Stock Fox 3EA32B36-74D2-4AB3-940D-4C7F73000958

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Just did a 150 mile round trip on combined highway and freeway averaging 65-80 mph…… I set my fronts 2 clicks on high speed and 6 clicks on low speed and on the rears I ran my 3 low and 3 high combo I use a lot on road…..But I ran the sway bar disconnected….. Redneck Antirocks ……..🤣 ….. holy shit what I nice ride that was…..Just another pretty cool option these shocks give you…..👍 (obligatory pic, cause it just makes the post more interesting, I hate reading a book without pictures, it sucks balls…….🤓 …….

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's Talk Fox 2.5" DSC Shocks Tuned By AccuTune vs. Stock Fox 3EA32B36-74D2-4AB3-940D-4C7F73000958
giphy.gif

JMP

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLI, Tiguan, Buying a JL
We just went through this same thing. I have the Accutune version and our JT has the Fox. The main thing I notice is the Accutune set are plush as fuc and even in some gritty desert washboard roads at 65mph they float like clouds. The Fox are harsh however we overland the JT with weight and it helps. I would say if you plan on holding alot of weight run the Accutune DS or Fox. If you don't and like that plush cloud feel like a trophy truck run the Acutune AT. Also if you choose the Accutune AT as an added bonus add the adjustable dial which my brother did and he has the best of both and you can seriously notice. We hooked up the trailer and loaded bikes for Glamis set at softest then firestorm night and day!

Also if your running a lift do NOT go by lift height to buy shocks call the lift manufacturer and ask recommend collapsed length. Then reach out to Accutune (both guys are awesome) and give them the squish measurements maybe fully extended as well. That will dictate your shock NOT lift height.
I’m confused by your two setups.

Do you have Accutuned 2.0 RR in the “cloud”, and untuned Fox 2.5 DSC in the other,

or

Are they both Fox 2.5 DSC, but one set was tuned by accutune and the other was not?
Sponsored