Sponsored

Let's Talk Fox 2.5" DSC Shocks Tuned By AccuTune vs. Stock Fox

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I am on the fence between Adventure Tune and Dual Sport Tune.

I am also on the fence between buying stock Fox DSCs and the Accutune versions.

Any experiences to share on the above two scenarios would be most appreciated.
Sponsored

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe / 2023 JLUR 4xe

Any experiences to share on the above two scenarios would be most appreciated.
I was like you and on the fence between the two tunes. I went with the Dual Sport Tune on my 4xe Rubicon. I am glad that I did. On 95% of Road surfaces it feels like butter. Totally meets my expectations.

MC 2.5 Springs and Control Arms
Steer Smarts Trackbars, Tie Rod and Drag link
37 KO2
Front Axle 3030#
Rear Axle 3070#

I had the Fox 2.5 Performance Elite Series and sent them to Accutune after I weighed the Rig post lift.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was like you and on the fence between the two tunes. I went with the Dual Sport Tune on my 4xe Rubicon. I am glad that I did. On 95% of Road surfaces it feels like butter. Totally meets my expectations.

MC 2.5 Springs and Control Arms
Steer Smarts Trackbars, Tie Rod and Drag link
37 KO2
Front Axle 3030#
Rear Axle 3070#

I had the Fox 2.5 Performance Elite Series and sent them to Accutune after I weighed the Rig post lift.
Thanks for this. I am going to weigh mine later this week to have an idea of its weight.

I have a MC 3.5" Game Changer with 37" K02.

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
We can help you decide on that one, and dont forget you get a free revalve if you would like. No time limit on that offer either, even a year later and 800lb more gear, we will still honor that revalve.

What are you concerned about with FREE custom tuned shocks?

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We can help you decide on that one, and dont forget you get a free revalve if you would like. No time limit on that offer either, even a year later and 800lb more gear, we will still honor that revalve.

What are you concerned about with FREE custom tuned shocks?
Not really a concern versus making a financial decision whereas there could be savings by purchasing stock Fox and if they do what I need...

Let us not forget this is not a cheap purchase.

I wanted to hear different experiences before deciding.

@AccuTunedJL - is there a forum discount?

Sponsored

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Not really a concern versus making a financial decision whereas there could be savings by purchasing stock Fox and if they do what I need...

Let us not forget this is not a cheap purchase.

I wanted to hear different experiences before deciding.

@AccuTunedJL - is there a forum discount?
Oh, like if you were to purchase somewhere else with a discount on "stock" standard off the shelf shocks vs buy from us at full retail. Got it. Something to keep in mind also when purchasing from who ever, be sure to get accurate lead times. Inventory is pretty rough these days.

Unfortunately no we do not offer discounts. With the amount of time we spend with each customer before, during (opening up & revalving each shock) and after (free shipping, free revalve & 25% discount on labor for future service work) it's an unmatched deal on its own.

Send over a message when you're ready and I can check lead times etc for you. Just need to confirm which lift height shocks you need

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, like if you were to purchase somewhere else with a discount on "stock" standard off the shelf shocks vs buy from us at full retail. Got it. Something to keep in mind also when purchasing from who ever, be sure to get accurate lead times. Inventory is pretty rough these days.

Unfortunately no we do not offer discounts. With the amount of time we spend with each customer before, during (opening up & revalving each shock) and after (free shipping, free revalve & 25% discount on labor for future service work) it's an unmatched deal on its own.

Send over a message when you're ready and I can check lead times etc for you. Just need to confirm which lift height shocks you need
I will be weighing it at the end of the week and will PM you to discuss.

Thanks!

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
I had fox 2.0 off the shelf shocks when I first put my lift on. 2.5's were on back order at the time. I do compare prices. The difference between Accutune and the best I could see with discounts was very little. I think when you spend this much on shocks its even more important to get them from a good tuner. I would and did go with Accutune. I think you would be very happy with them. Great service, communication and shipped before promised.

Bombout800

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, g35
I had fox 2.0 off the shelf shocks when I first put my lift on. 2.5's were on back order at the time. I do compare prices. The difference between Accutune and the best I could see with discounts was very little. I think when you spend this much on shocks its even more important to get them from a good tuner. I would and did go with Accutune. I think you would be very happy with them. Great service, communication and shipped before promised.
THIS! 100% when you don't know what you really want in a tune, their offerings are best. ESPECIALLY with a free revalve. I thought I wanted soft soft soft. Soft is always a better ride, right? WRONG. My high speed is set to almost Max. My low speed is set to 2. I explained what I wanted, and I got it. I got exactly what I told them I wanted. Softer just doesn't always equal the best ride. But they delivered on my request. For that I have zero complaints.

While I wish I lived closer so I could get them to tune in person, I'm extremely pleased with my purchase. They answered every question. Even tried selling me the 2.0s because they said I would more than likely be happier. They didn't sell me on their products. What sold me was answering the phone and answering questions honestly. No aggravation. No bs. Every single time. You can't find customer service like that these days. I will always pay the non discounted price to get someone that answers the phone and gives you advice with options. These guys deliver. If you want one of THE BEST in the business look no further. They are there for you.

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
THIS! 100% when you don't know what you really want in a tune, their offerings are best. ESPECIALLY with a free revalve. I thought I wanted soft soft soft. Soft is always a better ride, right? WRONG. My high speed is set to almost Max. My low speed is set to 2. I explained what I wanted, and I got it. I got exactly what I told them I wanted. Softer just doesn't always equal the best ride. But they delivered on my request. For that I have zero complaints.

While I wish I lived closer so I could get them to tune in person, I'm extremely pleased with my purchase. They answered every question. Even tried selling me the 2.0s because they said I would more than likely be happier. They didn't sell me on their products. What sold me was answering the phone and answering questions honestly. No aggravation. No bs. Every single time. You can't find customer service like that these days. I will always pay the non discounted price to get someone that answers the phone and gives you advice with options. These guys deliver. If you want one of THE BEST in the business look no further. They are there for you.
This is awesome, made my Friday!! Thank you for the kind words

Sponsored

Bombout800

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, g35
This is awesome, made my Friday!! Thank you for the kind words
You are very welcome. There are very few companies, in this business, that really want the best for the customer. It's always upsell or get the sale. I felt at home. Like I was talking to my people. Got the answers I needed with the options I had. I called 5 times before making a decision 😂😂😂

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I recently installed a set of Fox 2.5 DSC along with JKS springs and I love it. Loved my MetalCloak 2.5" Game Changer and all the flex that it had, but damn you really get your money's worth with these shocks and springs.

As things go, I ended up with a financial change that had me installing the springs and shocks myself... (Sorry Trail Jeeps! They freaken rocked the MC setup) Fairly straight forward and doable by the garage mechanic. Now I am sitting here wondering if a "tuned" set of the same from Accutune would have been better?

I'm already extremely excited about the setup as is, so I have to vote get them if you can. Either way. 🤷‍♂️

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I recently installed a set of Fox 2.5 DSC along with JKS springs and I love it. Loved my MetalCloak 2.5" Game Changer and all the flex that it had, but damn you really get your money's worth with these shocks and springs.

As things go, I ended up with a financial change that had me installing the springs and shocks myself... (Sorry Trail Jeeps! They freaken rocked the MC setup) Fairly straight forward and doable by the garage mechanic. Now I am sitting here wondering if a "tuned" set of the same from Accutune would have been better?

I'm already extremely excited about the setup as is, so I have to vote get them if you can. Either way. 🤷‍♂️
Definitely one of my favorite buy once cry once mods……. Use the adjustment every weekend……. My only complaint is I wish Accutune had a shop on the east coast for when I have to rebuild them….. I kept my RK RRDs so at least I’ll still be mobile when/if I send them off……

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Cant answer your question but as others have posted, accutune is 100% worth it. Used them back when I had my Tacoma and their customer service is unmatched. Really appreciated their service. Also, those shocks eventually have to be rebuilt. Buying from them puts you in a position of future discounts on tunes. You can’t beat that considering they’re custom tunes too.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Still fighting with myself on this one and a Cyber Monday deal I found is not helping. The price difference for both front and rear is $613 meaning $613 more for the Accutune set.

I REALLY have to ask again, is the Accutune price difference worth it? The stock DSCs have a lot of adjustment features and while I get the custom valving piece, I have wonder if it is worth that much of a price difference.

Please help me get out of analysis paralysis hell...
Sponsored