Sponsored

Let's See Your Custom Pops of Color!

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
My favorite color is Yellow. I was inspired be the new C8.R silver/yellow striped Corvette race car to punch up the Billet Silver and bring a little HellaYella vibe from the cockpit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's See Your Custom Pops of Color! Sept 20 Jeep 100_5074.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's See Your Custom Pops of Color! Sept 20 Jeep 100_5086.JPG

OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
My favorite color is Yellow. I was inspired be the new C8.R silver/yellow striped Corvette race car to punch up the Billet Silver and bring a little HellaYella vibe from the cockpit.
Now that pops! Looks great

Sponsored

OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Been adding bits of red to my Bright White JL.
The most obvious are the caliper covers.
Next time I replace my seat covers, I'll do red inserts.

Calipers and seat covers were two of my next intended projects. Seat covers first, probably. Calipers I might wait until I need new wheels so I can do those and the black wheels at the same time. Looks really good.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
As others have mentioned, although I didn't want a red Jeep, adding "pops" of red looks nice on just about any color. I spent about 3 hours taping and painting the front diff cover red. Not overly visible, but the color matches the front tow hooks...
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's See Your Custom Pops of Color! jee

One of the things that drove me towards these KMC XD137 wheels was the red ring- I get a lot of compliments on the wheels...
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's See Your Custom Pops of Color! jeep1

The last pop of red was the jerry can I added to the back (plus, it comes in handy when going up to the cabin- those ATVs are thirsty).
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's See Your Custom Pops of Color! 200718 Jeep quarter

Sponsored

LFS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler UL Sport JL
Hi all,

I've recently decided to add a pop of color to my granite JLUS. Growing up I'd always wanted a mango tango (I referred to it as "burnt orange") Wrangler, but alas by the time I finally got my own, they no longer made it for the JL (which I decided was the model/trim I needed to get). So sadly, no "burnt orange" Wrangler for me.. BUT, with some pops of color, I can pay tribute to my younger years and get the best of both worlds! So I'm trying to choose (in a discerning fashion) where exactly to add color without overdoing it.

Thus far, all I've done is get my tow hooks powder coated mango tango. For me, I'm trying to keep it semi "blacked out" so I definitely don't want to go overboard. I'm thinking about getting the Rugged Ridge XHD aluminum hood latches and getting those powder coated; it would be so much easier if they could just *come* that way to avoid the hassle, but that's neither here nor there. When I get new wheels, I may get black rims but powder coat my calipers mango tango. Stuff like that.

Show me what you've done to add pops of color to your rig! Looking for some inspiration, and would also just love to see what everyone's done as a "slick" color element to their ride.

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's See Your Custom Pops of Color! 200718 Jeep quarter
If you really want to change the color, look into having the car wrapped. Not cheap, but keeps original paint in great condition, can customize the color, and it is removeable for resale. I really wanted the Ocean Blue, but found a great deal on one in Black. I have grown to love my JL Sport as is, but may at some time wrap in different color. Will be like getting a new car :)

OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
If you really want to change the color, look into having the car wrapped. Not cheap, but keeps original paint in great condition, can customize the color, and it is removeable for resale. I really wanted the Ocean Blue, but found a great deal on one in Black. I have grown to love my JL Sport as is, but may at some time wrap in different color. Will be like getting a new car :)
That's true too. I've spent enough modifying the thing already haha and have plenty more I want to do. Will keep that in mind as it's a good suggestion.

OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Whoever recommended Pixel Decals, thank you! I just ordered this set of vent decals which I got customized. How/why this guy only charges an extra $5 for custom work is beyond me. So excited to get these.

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's See Your Custom Pops of Color! 1600792101194

Just the perfect touch of orange. May wind up not doing my hood latches now as I won't want to overdo it on the color pop. But love that I was able to get this ordered considering nobody offers Portuguese flags, let alone the option for one of each. Love to be able to show off my pride and my (half) heritage.

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I’m a plus one on the red accents, I even told Colby if she’s gonna be on the rig, she has to contribute......lol.

Where did you get the shifter knob?

I’m also a fan of the burnt orange, my favorite being Copperhead Pear Coat from around 2014 I think.....

https://images.app.goo.gl/kHBpBAjCrzqK9ikk7