David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Hi all,

I've recently decided to add a pop of color to my granite JLUS. Growing up I'd always wanted a mango tango (I referred to it as "burnt orange") Wrangler, but alas by the time I finally got my own, they no longer made it for the JL (which I decided was the model/trim I needed to get). So sadly, no "burnt orange" Wrangler for me.. BUT, with some pops of color, I can pay tribute to my younger years and get the best of both worlds! So I'm trying to choose (in a discerning fashion) where exactly to add color without overdoing it.

Thus far, all I've done is get my tow hooks powder coated mango tango. For me, I'm trying to keep it semi "blacked out" so I definitely don't want to go overboard. I'm thinking about getting the Rugged Ridge XHD aluminum hood latches and getting those powder coated; it would be so much easier if they could just *come* that way to avoid the hassle, but that's neither here nor there. When I get new wheels, I may get black rims but powder coat my calipers mango tango. Stuff like that.

Show me what you've done to add pops of color to your rig! Looking for some inspiration, and would also just love to see what everyone's done as a "slick" color element to their ride.

IMG_6159.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
That's another thing I've thought of is doing the beadlocks; did you do those yourself?

HHIJL

First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys Xtreme Recon, 2018 Shelby GT350
Occupation
HHI Fire Rescue Fleet Manager
That's another thing I've thought of is doing the beadlocks; did you do those yourself?
Yep, ordered the paint from Paintscratch.com, matched absolutely perfect. Cleaned them wax and grease remove, scuffed them down with scotch brite pad, cleaned again with wax and grease remover, cleaned with thinner, 5 coats of paint, 4 coats of clear.

OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA

Sponsored

HHIJL

First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys Xtreme Recon, 2018 Shelby GT350
Occupation
HHI Fire Rescue Fleet Manager
OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Yep, thats the guy. Ordered everything from them, 2 cans of paint, 2 cans of clear, one bottle of wax and grease remover and one bottle of thinner, $99.70. I did not have enough left to do my spare wheel, so I ordered another 2 cans to do the spare and anything else I might decide to paint.
fantastic, thanks!! they look great.

OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Was never a big fan of red vehicles, but red accents on the right body color looks nice. I've got a Stingray JLUR. I decided to spread the red around, without going overboard.
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's See Your Custom Pops of Color! 20200831_110050
Love it. Looks like most of your red is on the inside, with some touches on the outside.

Can I ask how you got your freedom panel clips and grab handles to be red?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Love it. Looks like most of your red is on the inside, with some touches on the outside.

Can I ask how you got your freedom panel clips and grab handles to be red?
Thanks for the kind words! I'm done with the red now. Just wanted to spread it a bit further than factory. Both of these products perfectly match the red dash.

The freedom panel latches are from the company Agency6. They are machined aluminum and come anodized in several different color options.
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's See Your Custom Pops of Color! 1590836687907

The grab handles are from ATP (American Trail Products) and are also red anodized machined aluminum.
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's See Your Custom Pops of Color! 1590836881169

Sponsored

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Hi all,

I've recently decided to add a pop of color to my granite JLUS. Growing up I'd always wanted a mango tango (I referred to it as "burnt orange") Wrangler, but alas by the time I finally got my own, they no longer made it for the JL (which I decided was the model/trim I needed to get). So sadly, no "burnt orange" Wrangler for me.. BUT, with some pops of color, I can pay tribute to my younger years and get the best of both worlds! So I'm trying to choose (in a discerning fashion) where exactly to add color without overdoing it.

Thus far, all I've done is get my tow hooks powder coated mango tango. For me, I'm trying to keep it semi "blacked out" so I definitely don't want to go overboard. I'm thinking about getting the Rugged Ridge XHD aluminum hood latches and getting those powder coated; it would be so much easier if they could just *come* that way to avoid the hassle, but that's neither here nor there. When I get new wheels, I may get black rims but powder coat my calipers mango tango. Stuff like that.

Show me what you've done to add pops of color to your rig! Looking for some inspiration, and would also just love to see what everyone's done as a "slick" color element to their ride.

IMG_6159.jpg
Side note, I have also always wanted a burnt orange Jeep too. I remember when the mango tango first came out and dam it looked good. I think the Daytona Orange Corvette is prob my favorite color.

Last edited:
OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Side note, I have also always wanted a burnt orange Jeep too. I remember when the mango tango first came out and dam it looked good. I think the Daytona Orange Corvette is prob my favorite color.
Love it. Yeah, that's a sexy color. The burnt orange they used on the Honda S2000 was nice, too..

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I know looks very similar to Recon I wanted a little color on black rig. I chose a grey wrap color that matches wheels and Rubicon Grille/Headlight inserts and then made the red outline thicker/wider then others have used to increase visibility. Also added a little extra to tailgate and a special decal in memory of my recently deceased mother who loved red cardinals.

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's See Your Custom Pops of Color! 1EADE742-2855-4B21-A235-F22F3A82A77B
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's See Your Custom Pops of Color! 30BADD70-4AC8-49B3-9D26-4B782DB0AE49
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's See Your Custom Pops of Color! 37444EDA-9D8C-4317-A1C0-97785B4A9A6C
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's See Your Custom Pops of Color! 83C94F35-76C6-48F0-9AA0-9D19911FAAF1
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's See Your Custom Pops of Color! B610BC84-8951-4098-AEF9-97270817A86B