Sponsored

Lets see your 392 on 35's or 37's stock suspension or lifted...

Love6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Snapped a couple more pics while selling the 392 take-offs today🤙

JL2.jpg
Your Jeep really looks good. I think the removal of the Rubicon stickers, really cleans up the look, but the tire/wheel package looks perfect. 👍

Those are 35” tires? What is the good/bad going with the 18” wheels?
Sponsored

chris_tofu_r

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New: 2023 Rubicon XR Old: 2021 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Army
Your Jeep really looks good. I think the removal of the Rubicon stickers, really cleans up the look, but the tire/wheel package looks perfect. 👍

Those are 35” tires? What is the good/bad going with the 18” wheels?
Thanks! I had previously blacked everything out on a Tacoma, and wanted to go for more originality and contrast with this Jeep build. And yes, the Rubicon sticker was a little too busy for my taste.

They are 35s. The tires measure out to be about 34.5" (I think Goodyear lists them at 34.6") tall when I mounted them on that 18x9 wheel. The good in going with these 18" wheels for me is that I got the style, width, and offset I wanted. I thought they looked better in the 18" than the 17" version as well. The tires on the 18 inch wheels have a 65 aspect ratio (most run 70 on 35" tires for 17" wheels), which likely unnoticeably makes them a little stiffer on the sidewalls and better for driving on the road.
I see no bad in going with an 18" wheel. Some would argue price as a negative factor, however the wheels I got were less than $300 each, which is relatively inexpensive for any wheel, and the tires I got were $290 a piece, cheaper then most 35" tires for 17" wheels. Others will argue that they want more sidewall with a 17" rim, but I think that's very negligible as almost every listed 35" tire can measure anywhere from 34"-35", but obviously there IS one more inch of alloy that may be damaged on the trail.

Honestly, I think personal preference is all that really matters when you are looking for different options. I chose the lightest weight wheel (right at 30 lbs) that I liked, with the lightest AT non-E Load tire (59 lbs) that I liked, and I am very happy with my decision.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

SecretChimp

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
That really looks great! I went with a similarly sized 315/70 but on 17" wheels, and I'm still wondering if I should have stuck with the 18's I originally wanted. I couldn't get the MT tires I wanted in a D load range in a 18" size so I switched to 17's after reading too many negative comments about E load range tires, but I do still think that aesthetically, 18 inch wheels are perfect for 35" tires.

Those new GY Wranglers look sharp too. Nicely done man.
I crossed 18” wheels of my list too because of all the negative comments but this is making me reconsider…

Sponsored

SecretChimp

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I am considering putting the all silver RUBICON decals from the JK on my hood. The new one was just too much for me. Thoughts?
Although I like the rubicon decal, I like the clean look without it. It makes the “392” hood badge more noticeable but in a subtle way. 👍

Because of you I’m now considering this and 18” wheels. What’s next on your (our) list?😂😂😂

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Couple of crummy shots just after having 37x12.5x17 BFG KO2 C rated installed at Discount Tire. No rubbing on stock 392 wheels
Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see your 392 on 35's or 37's stock suspension or lifted... 20210821_170010
Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see your 392 on 35's or 37's stock suspension or lifted... 20210821_170010
Thanks for posting this, I’m getting the exact same tires on the same color 392 installed Monday morning. They look amazing. I’m really excited.

Did they try to give you issues saying the wheels are “bead lock” and they can’t install the tires?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Thanks for posting this, I’m getting the exact same tires on the same color 392 installed Monday morning. They look amazing. I’m really excited.

Did they try to give you issues saying the wheels are “bead lock” and they can’t install the tires?
Agreed.

Unless he swapped rings it’s not a beadlock so I doubt they gave him grief. If he did then I’d imagine they’d refuse.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed.

Unless he swapped rings it’s not a beadlock so I doubt they gave him grief. If he did then I’d imagine they’d refuse.
I think he mentions it because @ShockerRacing had that problem when they went to discount tire, I know he mentioned it in one of videos. Where the guy thought it was beadlock.

Sponsored

baskethead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 89 Waggy, 14 Camaro SS, 20 Mojave, 21 392
I was worried about the look and even bought spacers. I kept going back and forth with 35s but decided I needed the 37s since we just ordered a rubi extreme recon in tuscadero for my wife :)

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392

Discount did not say a word, and I did not remove the rings. They did call me while I was next door saying they didn't have a torx that fit the ring bolts, so I told them to use the tool kit in the glove box and all was good. Funny thing is they wouldn't install 35x12.50/20 Nitto rige graps on my OEM ram 2500 wheels, but they would install 35x12.50/17 ridge graps on my OEM 392 wheels. Go figure.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Discount did not say a word, and I did not remove the rings. They did call me while I was next door saying they didn't have a torx that fit the ring bolts, so I told them to use the tool kit in the glove box and all was good. Funny thing is they wouldn't install 35x12.50/20 Nitto rige graps on my OEM ram 2500 wheels, but they would install 35x12.50/17 ridge graps on my OEM 392 wheels. Go figure.
This is it the toolkit I that they came with a jeep or something you already had?
Sponsored