Sponsored

Lets see those sexy 2drs (pictures zone)

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I ordered a 6-speed sport with the LSD, half doors with proximity entry, tinted windows, the HD electrical / tow, and least importantly the Sirius XM radio.

By tinkering I mean that I threw on the half doors, swapped out wheels and tires with rubi take-offs, added takeoff rock rails, and I used a dremel tool to cut away the air dams between the front fenders and front bumper. Man, once you see that air dam ugliness you can’t unsee it, or at least I couldn’t.

I also have rubi 2-door takeoff suspension that I want to put on just to get another inch or so of lift. I really like the stance of rubicons and because I don’t need lockers or the larger radio, I picked up a sport and I’m just adding secondhand bits. Need to get door hangers for my full size doors, or maybe I’ll see if I can sell them. Can’t imagine when I’ll put those back on.

Next thing on the to-do list is to swap over my TPMS from the stock sport tires.

I’ve got two boys, 2 and 4 years old, and they can’t get enough of it. :)
You'll net about 2" extra lift if you find the 4dr Rubicon springs from a well optioned Rubi.
Here's my install thread if you haven't seen it, be sure to get the longer Mopar lift LCAs too, much better hwy manners for sure (post #4 on those in the thread)!
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/
Sponsored

Robo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door JL Sport
You'll net about 2" extra lift if you find the 4dr Rubicon springs from a well optioned Rubi.
Here's my install thread if you haven't seen it, be sure to get the longer Mopar lift LCAs too, much better hwy manners for sure (post #4 on those in the thread)!
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/
Yes but I’m sticking with 33s for now and if I got the takeoff 4-door springs In sure I’d be itching for 35s, and then re-gearing. All of those things may be in the cards eventually along with steel bumpers and a winch. But before all of that I need to buy some toys for the aux switches.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Yes but I’m sticking with 33s for now and if I got the takeoff 4-door springs In sure I’d be itching for 35s, and then re-gearing. All of those things may be in the cards eventually along with steel bumpers and a winch. But before all of that I need to buy some toys for the aux switches.
Skip the toys for the aux switch toys.

Regear.

IMHO, everything else will fall into place. :like:

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
If you check out my Jeep on the previous page, you'll see what kind of lift you wind up with - I have steel bumper/hard top 4-door Rubi springs. Between the tires and springs, my JL is about 3" taller than my wife's JLUS. 35's would work, but the 33's look great IMO.

Sponsored

Robo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door JL Sport
If you check out my Jeep on the previous page, you'll see what kind of lift you wind up with - I have steel bumper/hard top 4-door Rubi springs. Between the tires and springs, my JL is about 3" taller than my wife's JLUS. 35's would work, but the 33's look great IMO.
Looks pretty dang good.

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
I miss the little fella.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see those sexy 2drs (pictures zone) AD620888-3D3A-435E-BF7C-79DDCE9EC3CA

Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see those sexy 2drs (pictures zone) AD620888-3D3A-435E-BF7C-79DDCE9EC3CA
That was a sweet two door!

Going by your signature, it looks like you are in a Gladiator now. I know this is a two door thread, so hopefully we won't get in trouble! but how do you like the Gladiator, and have you wheeled it in some of the same spots as the two door? In other words, how is it going from short to long as far as wheeling goes? I am sure the on road ride is better. but wondering about wheeling. We do Jamborees every year in the north east, and the trails are tight. However, this year there were a few gladiators, and they did surprisingly well.

I will admit that this very thought has been whispering to me lately. Although I really do love my two door. However, I do miss having a truck sometimes.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I will admit that this very thought has been whispering to me lately. Although I really do love my two door. However, I do miss having a truck sometimes.
Need to have the moderators deal with this nonsense, no room for that in this section.

j/k
bad ass Rubi, and I'm sure he's got that Gladiator in Frankensteins' lab working the same magic on that one. Like I've said on several threads, if that Gladiator was available as a short 2 door I'd be in one immediately if not sooner!

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Need to have the moderators deal with this nonsense, no room for that in this section.

j/k
bad ass Rubi, and I'm sure he's got that Gladiator in Frankensteins' lab working the same magic on that one. Like I've said on several threads, if that Gladiator was available as a short 2 door I'd be in one immediately if not sooner!
Haha yup.

I have been yelling from the proverbial hill tops for a two door Gladiator ever since it was revealed. That is an absolute fact that my wife has come to terms with.... If they come out with a two door Gladiator, she knows our current two door is getting traded in the next day, and yet another build will have begun!

That being said, The more Gladiators I have seen around on pavement, and on the trails, they are starting to grow on me.....But Yes, I still feel they are a little too longgggggggg. And that is why I still am dragging my feet. That and I really do like my two door haha.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
That was a sweet two door!

Going by your signature, it looks like you are in a Gladiator now. I know this is a two door thread, so hopefully we won't get in trouble! but how do you like the Gladiator, and have you wheeled it in some of the same spots as the two door? In other words, how is it going from short to long as far as wheeling goes? I am sure the on road ride is better. but wondering about wheeling. We do Jamborees every year in the north east, and the trails are tight. However, this year there were a few gladiators, and they did surprisingly well.

The wheel base is definitely longer but the ride is great. The turning radius is much wider but still tight. I’m doing the same kinds of things but its a learning curve with the diesel and the rear of the Gladiator. The break over isn’t the issue more so than the departure. I’m going to be trimming the bed behind the wheel opening and using a higher clearance bumper. That should help. Other than that, I love it. It’s not really much different other than it not being a real Jeep. I can even admit it. ;)Here’s a couple pics.

The Gladiator will never be as nimble as a 2 door. The only thing it will do better is hill climbs. That’s it. The 2 door will out wheel it everywhere else. They are also ugly unless the have a minimum of 37s on them.

but that diesel………:rock:

sorry to hijack the 2 door thread. Carry on.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see those sexy 2drs (pictures zone) 60C2A075-F757-40A5-A7A5-BA9D3A14CAB9

Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see those sexy 2drs (pictures zone) 4B5076BB-642F-48FD-86ED-C539A601F579

Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see those sexy 2drs (pictures zone) D0A9D35E-8F50-47E5-A110-3CCE1E01DB79

Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see those sexy 2drs (pictures zone) 309175EA-B18E-4DE8-B9E5-A696BCDE724E

Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see those sexy 2drs (pictures zone) A19E61B1-A107-4B0A-A85B-07960C0C2883

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The wheel base is definitely longer but the ride is great. The turning radius is much wider but still tight. I’m doing the same kinds of things but its a learning curve with the diesel and the rear of the Gladiator. The break over isn’t the issue more so than the departure. I’m going to be trimming the bed behind the wheel opening and using a higher clearance bumper. That should help. Other than that, I love it. It’s not really much different other than it not being a real Jeep. I can even admit it. ;)Here’s a couple pics.

The Gladiator will never be as nimble as a 2 door. The only thing it will do better is hill climbs. That’s it. The 2 door will out wheel it everywhere else. They are also ugly unless the have a minimum of 37s on them.

but that diesel………:rock:

sorry to hijack the 2 door thread. Carry on.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see those sexy 2drs (pictures zone) A19E61B1-A107-4B0A-A85B-07960C0C2883

Good info, thank you. That is pretty much what I thought, but it is good to hear from someone who made the switch.
Speaking of learning curves... the 2.0 turbo in my two door has been taking some getting used to haha. The throttle response is just plain weird sometimes. It has nothing, and then the turbo spools up, and it GOES! and then it is hard to slow down! So I am still trying to find the finesse with that haha.

Awesome rig!

Ok, now let's continue with our regularly scheduled two door programming.