Sponsored

Lets see those sexy 2drs (pictures zone)

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Love the look! What seat covers and wheels are those ?
Those are just the heritage tan seats. Couldn't tell ya about the wheels though.

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door

Sponsored

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT

TorturedMargot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL, 2013 Dodge Charger R/T
Clubs

What sliders are those and how do they mount?
They are EAG, which I've read is a so-so brand, but I haven't had any issues with these. They mount to your body bolts. I tried to find the link for you, but I'm not seeing them on Vicious Off Road (which is where I bought mine), or on Amazon. They have this style for the JK, which won't fit. Or they have this flat style which does work with the JL, I'll link below.

The body bolt mount is definitely solid. Only remove one side at a time. This is crucial. Use an impact to remove ONLY. Do not re install the body bolts with the impact. Torque to spec when you re install, which I believe was around 90 ft-pounds. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. You will hear creaking noises when turning corners on occasion, because the bracket area will rub with the frame. It's a common issue on all these style sliders, even from the $1000 american made brands, but it can be prevented by placing some rubber washers in between the contact area. Some guys also just cut away some of the bracket area. I haven't bothered to do it myself, but I read about it on a thread here somewhere.

Here's the ones that are still available :

EAG Tube Rock Sliders Running Board Fit for 18-22 Wrangler JL (2 Door) https://a.co/d/fQnhYac

TorturedMargot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL, 2013 Dodge Charger R/T
Clubs

They are EAG, which I've read is a so-so brand, but I haven't had any issues with these. They mount to your body bolts. I tried to find the link for you, but I'm not seeing them on Vicious Off Road (which is where I bought mine), or on Amazon. They have this style for the JK, which won't fit. Or they have this flat style which does work with the JL, I'll link below.

The body bolt mount is definitely solid. Only remove one side at a time. This is crucial. Use an impact to remove ONLY. Do not re install the body bolts with the impact. Torque to spec when you re install, which I believe was around 90 ft-pounds. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. You will hear creaking noises when turning corners on occasion, because the bracket area will rub with the frame. It's a common issue on all these style sliders, even from the $1000 american made brands, but it can be prevented by placing some rubber washers in between the contact area. Some guys also just cut away some of the bracket area. I haven't bothered to do it myself, but I read about it on a thread here somewhere.

Here's the ones that are still available :

EAG Tube Rock Sliders Running Board Fit for 18-22 Wrangler JL (2 Door) https://a.co/d/fQnhYac
I think either Barricade or Rampage makes the same style as the ones I have. You just have to scour across all the retailers to find 'em

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
I was looking through some of my old photos and ran across this one. This was my first jeep, a pretty basic 1997 TJ Sport. I ordered it during the break between the YJ and TJ and it took FOREVER for it to be delivered. Although I never did any off-roading with it, I loved my Wrangler. I drove it for six or seven years. Fast forward 24 years and I finally got back to the Jeeping world with my 21 Gladiator and 21 Willys 2 door Wrangler. I'm a happy old Jeeper.
1997 JeepWrangler1.jpg
Yep, I ordered my '97 TJ during that break, and it took 6 months to come in! First there was a hold on the 6 cyl engine, then the hard top. I ordered it with the factory tube bumpers in black, but they delivered it with chrome bumpers. Once I got everything sorted, I kept that Jeep for 14 years and loved it. I had regret within a couple of years of getting rid of it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see those sexy 2drs (pictures zone) Jee

In '21 I finally got another Jeep. While I love the JL, there will always be a soft spot in my heart for the TJ.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Yep, I ordered my '97 TJ during that break, and it took 6 months to come in! First there was a hold on the 6 cyl engine, then the hard top. I ordered it with the factory tube bumpers in black, but they delivered it with chrome bumpers. Once I got everything sorted, I kept that Jeep for 14 years and loved it. I had regret within a couple of years of getting rid of it.

In '21 I finally got another Jeep. While I love the JL, there will always be a soft spot in my heart for the TJ.
Nice looking LX convertible behind it too!

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

That is/was a beautiful Jeep!

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep.jpg

I loved my 97 TJ too. It was my first new vehicle/factory order. Back then I don't think there were any Jeep websites, so one could only drool over the showroom pamphlets (which I saved, of course ;) )
Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see those sexy 2drs (pictures zone) IMG_2206

I also notice a Banks power sticker on that Jeep. The only real issue I had on mine was holes in the exhaust manifold making for a shitty sounding Jeep. I replaced it with a Banks in my driveway, which was lots of fun. If I recall correctly it was a common issue 😎

Cheers 🍻

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
Back then I don't think there were any Jeep websites, so one could only drool over the showroom pamphlets (which I saved, of course ;) )
I also notice a Banks power sticker on that Jeep. The only real issue I had on mine was holes in the exhaust manifold making for a shitty sounding Jeep. I replaced it with a Banks in my driveway, which was lots of fun. If I recall correctly it was a common issue 😎
Dang, I remember that pamphlet! I slobbered on it for a couple of months before I ordered, then for the 6 months it took for my Jeep to arrive.
Yep, I had the cracked exhaust manifold. It made that 6 cyl sound like it was farting. I had it welded twice, but eventually bought one from Banks that lasted the duration.

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
Dang, I remember that pamphlet! I slobbered on it for a couple of months before I ordered, then for the 6 months it took for my Jeep to arrive.
Yep, I had the cracked exhaust manifold. It made that 6 cyl sound like it was farting. I had it welded twice, but eventually bought one from Banks that lasted the duration.
I remember it too!! My Jeep wasn't as nice though as I couldn't afford much other than the dual tops - otherwise it was pretty bare bones.
I'm surprised I don't have the personalized window sticker anymore as I used to keep all kinds of that stuff.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase