Sponsored

Lets see those 2drs OFFROAD (pictures zone)

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Palo duro Tx
Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see those 2drs OFFROAD (pictures zone) 20220908_161914
So what was your impression of the Palo Duro park? I asssume you were here
https://merusadventure.com/park/
If so, did you just do a day park reservation, would appreciate any details you can provide, seems like a very cool weekend trip and since I'm just 3hrs away it's something I'm wanting to check out for sure!
nice pics btw!

Deleted User 293754

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I went solo for 4 days during a special the adventure park had called Heros Week. It was basically half off of everything so we loaded up and drove the 12 hrs to the park. (Its only 7 hrs to Arkansas from where I am by the way), but it was so worth it.

Our tent camping spot was on the rim of the canyon with a view that you would not believe. We were the only ones in that area so it was dead quiet and so peaceful. Weather was perfect,

We wheeled the wrangler every day and did a blue trail group ride on that Saturday. Some trails we could not complete because we were alone and it was not wise, but bring a partner and it would be epic. I do not care how hard core a wheeler you are, there will be a trail there that you cant make. Trails are marked clearly and assigned difficulty levels that seems accurate to us.

The staff was fantastic and approachable as well as knowledgeable and forthcoming with information about the park. Some of the trails we took (used Gaia as all of the trails are there)we saw no tire tracks almost like we were the first ones to be there. It was beautiful with wildlife and reptiles, caves and all kinds of cool stuff. YES I highly recommend this park.

Since we were there they have added some RV hook up spots so next time we will bring the 5th wheel and stay longer for sure. Make your reservations on line and bring plenty of stuff because you are going to want to stay a while.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see those 2drs OFFROAD (pictures zone) 20220908_120728

Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see those 2drs OFFROAD (pictures zone) 20220905_140415

Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see those 2drs OFFROAD (pictures zone) 20220909_122716

Deleted User 293754

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle Showcase
There are some basic things you need to have to wheel there like a fire extinguisher and GRMS radio but both are available at the office if you need either.

If you are alone be prepared to self recover as there is not an abundance of people who may just happen by to help.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
There are some basic things you need to have to wheel there like a fire extinguisher and GRMS radio but both are available at the office if you need either.

If you are alone be prepared to self recover as there is not an abundance of people who may just happen by to help.
I'm a camping fan but not the wife, so if we did a weekend we'd be staying in Amarillo. Looks like a great park, would be cool to get a small group together, especially someone w/ park experience. Hopefully they are able to keep the interest growing as it looks like they've got even bigger plans.
Would be cool if they could make it a regular park like Hidden Falls and even have a badge trail or two down the road.
Thanks for the info!

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
I'm a camping fan but not the wife, so if we did a weekend we'd be staying in Amarillo. Looks like a great park, would be cool to get a small group together, especially someone w/ park experience. Hopefully they are able to keep the interest growing as it looks like they've got even bigger plans.
Would be cool if they could make it a regular park like Hidden Falls and even have a badge trail or two down the road.
Thanks for the info!
From what I've heard, the owner has been working on a particular trail that they're trying to get added to the badge program.

I haven't been yet, but I've heard nothing but great things about Merus from people around here who have been. I'm on their email newsletter and they're always adding trails, doing improvements, having events out there, etc.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
From what I've heard, the owner has been working on a particular trail that they're trying to get added to the badge program.

I haven't been yet, but I've heard nothing but great things about Merus from people around here who have been. I'm on their email newsletter and they're always adding trails, doing improvements, having events out there, etc.
Nice to hear, when you plan a run out there shoot me a message, maybe we could meet up, at least for a day :)

Sponsored