Sponsored

Lets see those 2drs OFFROAD (pictures zone)

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Some pictures of my dirty girl.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see those 2drs OFFROAD (pictures zone) E9AF6D48-0198-4A9F-AA1E-5FB90F7D93B6

So love driving this Jeep. It's taken us to many beautiful places. 🍻
How your photographer is able to keep their balance, or not slide down that hill is amazing.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
100% poser shot, but we'll call this "pre-op". I always like to find out stock capabilities before I start lifting/upgrading. (Did the same with my TJ)

I've already pulled the trigger on 3.5" lift and 37s...looking forward to the result!

Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see those 2drs OFFROAD (pictures zone) IMG-3997

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
... I always like to find out stock capabilities before I start lifting/upgrading. (Did the same with my TJ)
So, what were they?

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
So, what were they?
Apparently, according to the trail I was on, any ruts that were dug out with Jeeps on 35s+ caused me to drag ass all over. Playing on the rocks in Vermont was a challenge. Lockers and the 4:1 TC was wonderful, but there was too much dragging....no matter what line was chosen.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So about an inch, maybe two under the differentials and another 3.5" under the "body". Cool.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Awesome climb! All stock?
Sort of... at that point it had Mopar lower control arms, and the winch had dropped the front about an inch from original height. Plus the Maximus-3 tow loops, hitch, & front differential skid technically reduced clearance.

Since then I've gained about 1/2" in the front with some JLUR front springs. Travel might also be slightly better than stock now that I have 392 shocks.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Sort of... at that point it had Mopar lower control arms, and the winch had dropped the front about an inch from original height. Plus the Maximus-3 tow loops, hitch, & front differential skid technically reduced clearance.

Since then I've gained about 1/2" in the front with some JLUR front springs. Travel might also be slightly better than stock now that I have 392 shocks.
the beauty of the short wheelbase.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Apparently, according to the trail I was on, any ruts that were dug out with Jeeps on 35s+ caused me to drag ass all over. Playing on the rocks in Vermont was a challenge. Lockers and the 4:1 TC was wonderful, but there was too much dragging....no matter what line was chosen.
Dragging is fine as long as you have protection underneath. Where are you dragging with the 2 door?.

Throw some 35s and a small lift and you'll be golden with the short wheelbase if you dont want to drag anymore. I do drag on every wheeling trip I go. There have been a few times I've gotten stuck. An extra inch would help but I am just not sure if it is worth it, since I always manage anyway.

I rather keep a lower center of gravity and drag here and there. But I will upgrade tires next year, going to skinny 34s which would give me half an inch of extra clearance. Then I might add a 1inch spacers, but I still cant decide. I already have the shocks for a lift installed so I might end up throwing better springs.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
There have been a few times I've gotten stuck. An extra inch would help but I am just not sure if it is worth it, since I always manage anyway.
An extra inch is always worth it ;)
Sponsored