Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
The Danatrac kit is a basic setup with springs and shocks. From my experience I knew I needed front lower control arms and trackbar. So I got those from teraflex and I also upgraded the rear with adjustable LCA and adj.rear trackbar. It runs straight as an arrow after the alignment. Last thing on my bucket is UCAs. NOT sure what the engine has to do with lift springs 🤔... but it run solid with all the upgrades added to their basic kit.
I am just passing along the manufacturer's information. I would think there would be a difference in spring rates and shock tuning for a 2 door lift kit vs a 4 door lift kit. Personally, I would not run it on a 2 door, per the manufacturer's information. But that is just me.
Sponsored

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I am just passing along the manufacturer's information. I would think there would be a difference in spring rates and shock tuning for a 2 door lift kit vs a 4 door lift kit. Personally, I would not run it on a 2 door, per the manufacturer's information. But that is just me.
Yes, thanks for posting. I understand that based on their super-starter basic kit they don't recommended it for anything other than a n/a 4-door. I get that they don't want to consider what could provide a proper lift needed to run and clear 37s.

BUT my main question (to the forum) is why does the engine choice matter. Shouldn't it be described in terms of weight? Because all Wranglers are going to be built with differing weights regardless of engine. You could have a loaded up v6 4-door overlander that weights more than a city running 4xe or diesel. I don't get the engine limitation for this kit. If someone could help with that explanation... 🙂

Last edited:

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I keep seeing people putting the Dynatrac lift on their 2 doors even though Dynatrac’s website states:

This Dynatrac EnduroSport suspension lift kit has not been tested on, and is not recommended for use on 2-door Jeep Wranglers, or any models with powertrain other than the 3.6L V-6 gasoline engines. This package does not fit with Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 or 4xe models.
I found a list of JL WRANGLER weights by engine types for both 2 & 4 doors.

It's interesting that my 2 door JLR 2L Turbo weights MORE than the 4 door sport with the 3.6L V6 and only 50lbs less than the Sahara JLU. So if weight is the factor that Danatrac used to limit their kit to the v6 4 door, then it doesn't make sense in all cases... 🤔

I'm not hold you accountable for posting the info. I'm just responding to try and get answers from the anyone including @danatrac 🤔

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! Screenshot_20211227-220752_Chrome

Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR

It's interesting that my 2 door JLR 2L Turbo weights MORE than the 4 door sport with the 3.6L V6 and only 50lbs less than the Sahara JLU. So if weight is the factor that Danatrac used to limit their kit to the v6 4 door, then it doesn't make sense in all cases... 🤔

I'm not hold you accountable for posting the info. I'm just responding to try and get answers from the anyone including @danatrac 🤔

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! Screenshot_20211227-220752_Chrome
I would recommend contacting Dynatrac directly.

Paul19JLR

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

No Two door has 3500 towing capacity.

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
No Two door has 3500 towing capacity.
Export markets allow tow ratings higher than 2,000 lbs., as a few owners in those markets have attested to here. I personally wouldn't do it, due to the abbreviated wheelbase, but 2K is not the absolute ceiling for the JL Wranglers.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!