First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, ā€˜07 Toyota FJ Cruiser & 1968 IH Scout 800
Vehicle Showcase
How are you liking the 2.0L Turbo?
So far, love it. Lots of power for buzzing around town and passing on the interstate. Have done nothing off road yet. Also looking forward to how it will handle our 1500 lb teardrop camper when the time comes, which will be a good test, especially in the mountains. Thereā€™s some noticeable lag occasionally but it doesnā€™t bother me as Iā€™ve driven a lot of turbos over the years and kinda like the experience of the power coming in like gangbusters when the turbo spools up. Other than test drives, I have no experience with the 3.6 or battery assisted 2.0, so I have no point of comparison. I will say, the 2.0T has considerably more pep than the 4.0v6 in my beloved, albeit, 14 year old, FJ Cruiser, which is my daily driver.

Last edited:

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
So far, love it. Lots of power for buzzing around town and passing on the interstate. Have done nothing off road yet. Also looking forward to how it will handle our 1500 lb teardrop camper when the time comes, which will be a good test, especially in the mountains. Thereā€™s some noticeable lag occasionally but it doesnā€™t bother me as Iā€™ve driven a lot of turbos over the years and kinda like the experience of the power coming in like gangbusters when the turbo spoils up. Other than test drives, I have no experience with the 3.6 or battery assisted 2.0, so I have no point of comparison. I will say, the 2.0T has considerably more pep than the 4.0v6 in my beloved, albeit, 14 year old, FJ Cruiser, which is my daily driver.
A couple of reasonably priced things that might reduce the turbo lag a little bit....
1. Hikeit throttle control. About $170 give or take with a discount code
2. Go Fast Bits DV+ Diverter valve. $150 Give or take.

The Hikeit will give better and faster throttle response.
The DV+ valve replaces the factory diaphragm on the existing diverter vavle. It releases the built up pressure in the intercooler pipe when you let off the throttle like the factory valve except its a plunger style valve that works pneumatically only letting off what is needed. It allows the intercooler pipe to retain some pressure causing less spool up time to build up boost. Thus resulting in quicker boost response.

Golfshrink

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, ā€˜07 Toyota FJ Cruiser & 1968 IH Scout 800
Vehicle Showcase
A couple of reasonably priced things that might reduce the turbo lag a little bit....
1. Hikeit throttle control. About $170 give or take with a discount code
2. Go Fast Bits DV+ Diverter valve. $150 Give or take.

The Hikeit will give better and faster throttle response.
The DV+ valve replaces the factory diaphragm on the existing diverter vavle. It releases the built up pressure in the intercooler pipe when you let off the throttle like the factory valve except its a plunger style valve that works pneumatically only letting off what is needed. It allows the intercooler pipe to retain some pressure causing less spool up time to build up boost. Thus resulting in quicker boost response.

Really appreciate the info on the throttle controller and diverter valve. Iā€™m familiar with throttle controllers but have never tinkered with the DV. That sounds very interesting.

Sponsored

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Really appreciate the info on the throttle controller and diverter valve. Iā€™m familiar with throttle controllers but have never tinkered with the DV. That sounds very interesting.
Dollar for Dollar the GFB DV+ is probably the best bang for the buck you can buy for the 2.0 Turbo. JMHO

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I was going for something on the subtle side :)

Sponsored

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
Picked up my first Jeep on 1/20/20. Something I have always wanted. I hate snow so if I have to live with the stuff I might as well have a fun Jeep to rip around in. But I'm sure looking forward to warm weather Jeep life.

My 2019 JL 2door.JPG
Sponsored