First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
Loaded up the kayaks for a nice day trip.

IMG_20200821_085817_135.jpg
what rack is this? Looking for a solution that works well without the top on. Thanks
Sponsored

Nick p

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover
@Nick p

thanks for the close up pics and info. looks great. i know that the bumper are 2 different styles. what i'm wondering if i went this route, would the us bumper stick out farther due to the winch or will it sit in the factory location after i cut up the bumper.
I haven’t cut up a US bumper yet but I may get the chance to have a play with some Gladiators in the next month. Are they the same.
i can only imagine it will reduce the overhang, that was my whole reason for cutting it down. The 4 hole plate on the front end of each chassis member has the thickness of the winch cradle, JK tow eyes and 3/8” aluminium front plate that I used as the beam to fasten the bumper onto. So 1/4“ + maybe 5/8” + 3/8” + the amount of plastic that sticks out. Could delete the aluminium thickness if you welded tabs the winch cradle Instead. I also rotated the sway bar disconnect motor and cut off the Chassis tusks or what ever you want to call them that stick down.
You can see one of the 6 total screws that holds it on. Take them out and disconnect the multiplug. 5 mins bumper is off and just a stubby cradle. I’ll take a pic tomorrow.

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! 2847D923-2FDE-45B1-BF3D-E9E6AD3FB311

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! 3419DD13-205B-417C-8301-A50144DC99C8

Sponsored

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Looking for some photos of white 2-door Rubicons, preferrably with 35's & white fenders. Looking for something straight on from the side, with a simple background. Going to use it with some Photoshop to model out some wheel choices. Thanks.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know how many of you regularly put your bench back in. The backseat is so easily removed but that thing is a pain to put back. Lol.
so awkward lining it up.
Agreed. Mine was out so long I had it all screwed up trying to put it back in cuz I couldn't remember how it lines up.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I'm happy to leave mine out and stored in the basement.
That's where mine was but I had to stuff it back in the Jeep for shipping.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Good spot for it. Lol.
I had to put mine back in to transport my tiny humans.
I got the 2 door because I don't have little humans. Only our quadraped kid and he prefers the seat out and a blanket to lay on.

I think the 4 door would have been sitting in my garage otherwise.