Sponsored

Let's see those 2-Door JL pics!

JBrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Vehicle Showcase
New here. Took my 2 door sport out for some decently serious wheeling at an off-road park/campground here in Ontario. Crazy impressed with this thing of you haven't wheeled your stock Jeep yet go do it. Ontario trails are very tight, technical for the most part, most trucks won't fit between the trees/rocks. Because it was just the two jeeps out in our group we really didn't get the best pictures unfortunately. My buddy does have some video I have yet to get from him

This thing did all the green and blue, no black trails though because there's basically always an obstacle or two where body or mechanical damage is very likely on them especially as stock as it is. Scraped in a few places and a bit of trail pinstriping but no serious injuries.

My Jeep (so far) has a 4 door rubi suspension swap, DIY sway bar disconnects, 285/75/r17 load e KO2s on stock rims, RC spare tire relocation bracket and smittybilt SRC side armor.
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! IMG_20200824_094730324_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! IMG_20200824_163225428_HDR

my buddy's rig for the weekend:
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! IMG_20200823_190316518_HDR

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
New here. Took my 2 door sport out for some decently serious wheeling at an off-road park/campground here in Ontario. Crazy impressed with this thing of you haven't wheeled your stock Jeep yet go do it. Ontario trails are very tight, technical for the most part, most trucks won't fit between the trees/rocks. Because it was just the two jeeps out in our group we really didn't get the best pictures unfortunately. My buddy does have some video I have yet to get from him

This thing did all the green and blue, no black trails though because there's basically always an obstacle or two where body or mechanical damage is very likely on them especially as stock as it is. Scraped in a few places and a bit of trail pinstriping but no serious injuries.

My Jeep (so far) has a 4 door rubi suspension swap, DIY sway bar disconnects, 285/75/r17 load e KO2s on stock rims, RC spare tire relocation bracket and smittybilt SRC side armor.

my buddy's rig for the weekend:
Good ol’ rays place, lots of good trails there and around that area!

JBrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Vehicle Showcase
Rays is awesome and highly recommended to anyone in the region. We did run Razor in the Cherokee a bunch, the JL isn't there yet though definitely would cause some damage. Didn't get to go do the hydro line trail, not enough time, at some point we wanna make kinda a thing of it and do it end to end. Going up to Ardbeg next time. We live in/around London so good wheeling spots aren't easy to come by unfortunately

Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Rays is awesome and highly recommended to anyone in the region. We did run Razor in the Cherokee a bunch, the JL isn't there yet though definitely would cause some damage. Didn't get to go do the hydro line trail, not enough time, at some point we wanna make kinda a thing of it and do it end to end. Going up to Ardbeg next time. We live in/around London so good wheeling spots aren't easy to come by unfortunately
Yeah im in KW, after a few years of wheeling the drive isn’t so bad anymore haha. But yeah everything is 3+ hrs for me

Ardbeg is a super fun spot with good camping. ill be back up there in September

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Put my RK 2.5” lift on this weekend and finally got my 35 Pats mounted on the fifteen52 traverse HDs today. Gotta get a better pic when the sun is lower but absolutely loving the setup. 35s are plenty on this rig - gonna go hit some fun stuff in big bear this weekend so wheeling pictures to follow.
4486C395-1DE5-41E2-B743-83DF1DDB7197.jpeg

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Put my RK 2.5” lift on this weekend and finally got my 35 Pats mounted on the fifteen52 traverse HDs today. Gotta get a better pic when the sun is lower but absolutely loving the setup. 35s are plenty on this rig - gonna go hit some fun stuff in big bear this weekend so wheeling pictures to follow.
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! 4486C395-1DE5-41E2-B743-83DF1DDB7197
Niiiiice. Feel free to post 317 more photos.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niiiiice. Feel free to post 317 more photos.
Thanks! Took it to the local legal gray area hill by my house to snap some photos. Will be wheeling it in big bear barring any fires this weekend so some proper trail pictures to come. Definitely very happy with how it turned out over here.
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! IMG_0460
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! jlbr
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! IMG_0474.JPG

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Thanks! Took it to the local legal gray area hill by my house to snap some photos. Will be wheeling it in big bear barring any fires this weekend so some proper trail pictures to come. Definitely very happy with how it turned out over here.
Don’t see too many with 2.5+ and 35’s. Next summer I might do this, but with Metalcloak. I’m enjoying it stock. We’ll see how Moab goes next month.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t see too many with 2.5+ and 35’s. Next summer I might do this, but with Metalcloak. I’m enjoying it stock. We’ll see how Moab goes next month.
If I had to do it again I'd probably go metalcloak - the RK stuff is really great and ridiculously beefy and high quality, but MC seems easier to maintain at the expense of rebuilding the bushings a little more often. This being a daily rig I'm a little daunted by the number of jam nuts and zerk fittings on my RK stuff - and little things like the LCA jam nuts being absolutely massive and on the axle side where it's hard to tighten them without dropping the arm, whereas on MC you can take any old wrench to it while it's still on the Jeep. I was going for MC first, but the wait time is enormous right now for a kit and I just didn't want to drop the cash on the Gamechanger + driveshaft. Not too bothered about it, but enough so that when I fill out the rest of the control arms in my kit later on, I'll probably get MC ones to reduce the complexity.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
If I had to do it again I'd probably go metalcloak - the RK stuff is really great and ridiculously beefy and high quality, but MC seems easier to maintain at the expense of rebuilding the bushings a little more often. This being a daily rig I'm a little daunted by the number of jam nuts and zerk fittings on my RK stuff - and little things like the LCA jam nuts being absolutely massive and on the axle side where it's hard to tighten them without dropping the arm, whereas on MC you can take any old wrench to it while it's still on the Jeep. I was going for MC first, but the wait time is enormous right now for a kit and I just didn't want to drop the cash on the Gamechanger + driveshaft. Not too bothered about it, but enough so that when I fill out the rest of the control arms in my kit later on, I'll probably get MC ones to reduce the complexity.
MC is that good. I had the game changer on my jku. Wish I’d swapped the stock suspension back on when I traded it 4 years ago.

Last edited:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
@Nick p

thanks for the close up pics and info. looks great. i know that the bumper are 2 different styles. what i'm wondering if i went this route, would the us bumper stick out farther due to the winch or will it sit in the factory location after i cut up the bumper.

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
looks fantastic! Great looking rig. Have fun in big bear! Let’s get the 2-doors together soon.
Sponsored