A0A7750E-4E20-4E6B-86D1-E7D091F845B6.jpeg
Looks good! Don't forget to send in for the $100 rebate on that bumper. :like:

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I did. Learned about the rebate from here. Thanks. The Venator / Winch was a good project
Good to hear. Now that you've done the install, Do you think it's possible to install the bumper first, and install the winch at a later time (without needing to remove the bumper)? Also, Any idea how much the bumper weighs?

Last edited:
Reactions: PSI

Sponsored

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XXXXXX 2020 JL Rubicon 3.6
Good to hear. Now that you've done the install, Do you think it's possible to install the bumper first, and install the winch at a later time (without needing to remove the bumper)? Also, Any idea how much the bumper weighs?
Absolutely, you can install the bumper and then install the winch later. You would want to cover the hole where the winch would be (just for aesthetics). To install the winch later, just remove the top cover. Everything else stays bolted down.

I don’t know the weight, but I did the install by myself and it was reasonable. Best part, it did not compress the suspension more than 1/8 of an inch. I was worried I would need a level kit.

There are 4 major parts: Top cover, winch plate/frame, skid plate and the tow hooks. The top and skid plate are light. The winch plate is maybe 25-28 pounds. The tow hooks are surprisingly heavy, maybe 8-10 lbs each.

Best tip I got on the install: don’t tighten anything down until your done. Very easy project.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely, you can install the bumper and then install the winch later. You would want to cover the hole where the winch would be (just for aesthetics). To install the winch later, just remove the top cover. Everything else stays bolted down.

I don’t know the weight, but I did the install by myself and it was reasonable. Best part, it did not compress the suspension more than 1/8 of an inch. I was worried I would need a level kit.

There are 4 major parts: Top cover, winch plate/frame, skid plate and the tow hooks. The top and skid plate are light. The winch plate is maybe 25-28 pounds. The tow hooks are surprisingly heavy, maybe 8-10 lbs each.

Best tip I got on the install: don’t tighten anything down until your done. Very easy project.
Thank you! I really appreciate the install tips. I will most likely be placing my order for the bumper today.

Reactions: PSI

Sponsored