Sponsored

Let's see photos of where you mounted your fire extinguisher!

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
We put ours in what appears the most popular spot, also a flashlight holder on the passenger side.
IMG_1339.JPG

IMG_1340.JPG

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I was planning to “hard mount “ my element when I first got it, but really didn’t find anywhere I liked better than in the net on the back of the passenger seat. It’s not bulky or heavy enough to stretch it, it’s in easy reach of my right hand.
Works for me, but probably wouldn’t for people with kids.

jassem99

First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Post pics when you get it mounted up. ImIleaning strongly toward that setup after some research. ImIcurious as to the fitment of that mount on the JL. It looks like it would work.
If you require the full range of fore-aft movement of the driver seat (for any short drivers) then the mount gets in the way. If you don't plan on pushing the seat past the edge of the rail then it will work for you. Another solution is to hard mount the E50 on the plastic cover underneath where a hood release level would be on a regular non-wrangler vehicle.

Sponsored

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
I’m new to jeeps, so I have to ask...what activity does one do in a jeep that warrants being equipped with a fire suppression system? Did jeeps is yesteryear catch on fire and now it’s tradition?

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
I’m new to jeeps, so I have to ask...what activity does one do in a jeep that warrants being equipped with a fire suppression system? Did jeeps is yesteryear catch on fire and now it’s tradition?
Reason = you ever know when youre going to need one! Another motorist or citizen may have a small fire & you could help them out with your extinguisher. For me I had my 69 Charger catch fire when I was a kid due to a backfire combined with a small fuel leak (I had gone to the speed shop to get a repair part). After seeing smoke I pulled open the hood and there was fire, luckily for me & the car a fellow motorist pulled over who was prepared and quickly extinguished the flames and saved the day! I have ever since equipped all of my vehicles with a small handy extinguisher:)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Jeeps are all about being prepared. Off-road, you can easily and unexpectedly roll or see someone else do the same. Fuel leaks, then fire becomes a very real possibility.

Also, Jeeps and other vehicles used off-road often get brush and debris stuck up under the skid plates. A hot exaust can ignite it, so that's another reason to be prepared.

Really, any vehicle should have an extinguisher on board. The element looks like a particularly good one because of its run time, light weight, no harmful residue, and no corrosive chemicals. I just don't see a down side to it. It is cheaper than a halon extinguisher, too.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The answers given above, plus many of the private off road parks require one in the vehicle.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BA5E8B68-C1C6-4E2F-9FC1-35558051E177.jpeg
Jeeps are all about being prepared. Off-road, you can easily and unexpectedly roll or see someone else do the same. Fuel leaks, then fire becomes a very real possibility.

Also, Jeeps and other vehicles used off-road often get brush and debris stuck up under the skid plates. A hot exaust can ignite it, so that's another reason to be prepared.

Really, any vehicle should have an extinguisher on board. The element looks like a particularly good one because of its run time, light weight, no harmful residue, and no corrosive chemicals. I just don't see a down side to it. It is cheaper than a halon extinguisher, too.
If you haven’t actually laid hands on an element e50, this will give you a pretty good idea of size.
Sponsored