Sponsored

Lets see em' - Sunrider for JL on your Jeep

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
For those that plan not to keep their Sunrider for JL Hard top on their JL in the Winter, you may be looking for a storage solution for the Sunrider.

For sure those that use the SR part time and run without the hard top, say for months at a time / often, you will also want to store that pricey SR properly.

I have often posted on the forum in regard to a heavy duty, poly bag that is great to use for the rear seat you remove from the 2 dr. JL.... well, it looks like this same $15.99 bag, should (I have not test fit) also do the deed as a decent storage bag for the Sunrider.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L9ULKAI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
01.jpg
Sponsored

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
Put mine on yesterday. My only gripe is where the rear corners meet the hardtop. Hardtop sticks up much higher.
IMG_2117.JPG

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Put mine on yesterday. My only gripe is where the rear corners meet the hardtop. Hardtop sticks up much higher.
IMG_2117.JPG
Mine is like that, too. It is even on both sides, so I'm not too bothered by it. I'm wondering if it will expand a bit in hot weather and look a little better. Not sure where you live, but it has been COLD here. Mine hasn't seen one hot day yet. Of course, by the time it does, I'll swap to the soft top.

I chalk it up to another Jeep thing. Honestly, I am thrilled because I thought I was the only one picky enough to notice that! Lol!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@PEABUDY

Your picture angle, exaggerates things lets say. Due to the shape of the hardtop in that particular area, it is pretty apparent (to me) why the twill does not match up so to speak to the hardtop right there ... on each side of the hardtop.

I have more concern that you left that gaudy Bestop logo on the SR. :)

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
For those that are waiting for the retractable sunshade for the JL. I just got told on a FB JL group by bestop that they never said they were making a retractable sunshade for the JL. After I had numerous PEOPLE tell me on the phone that it was coming. And they would work with the 75.00 off coupon . There is a video from.bestop talking about the JL retractable sunshad.

Sponsored

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
That’s really bad news if true.

You’re right, the video is very clear that it was going to be available.

Thanks for posting.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
For those that are waiting for the retractable sunshade for the JL. I just got told on a FB JL group by bestop that they never said they were making a retractable sunshade for the JL. After I had numerous PEOPLE tell me on the phone that it was coming. And they would work with the 75.00 off coupon . There is a video from.bestop talking about the JL retractable sunshad.
@BestopTeam Could we please get an official response on this? Is the retractable shade just slow in coming or is it not coming at all?

Thank You!

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey guys,

There has been some confusion around this an di apologize. We released a video about it a LOOOONNNGGGG time ago and we have all slept since then. We are working on doors and tops first and then will move down the product list. I have been saying not confirmed because it is so far out. I have no timing on this product, and likely wont for awhile. Hope that all makes sense.

CassieAtBestop

@BestopTeam Could we please get an official response on this? Is the retractable shade just slow in coming or is it not coming at all?

Thank You!

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Are you getting any leaking from this?

CassieAtBestop

IMG_2117.JPG

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Me again :)

Can you PM Me a few more pictures?

CassieAtBestop

IMG_2117.JPG

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
ut mine on yesterday. My only gripe is where the rear corners meet the hardtop. Hardtop sticks up much higher.
img_2117-jpg.jpg
Mine pretty much does the same thing. Doesn't leak and it's just due to the way the hard top is made. I don't see a practical way for the Sunrider to match that rise on each side. I don't even notice that anymore, especially since it's open at nearly every opportunity :)

Sunrider.jpg

Prevok

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Occupation
IT Tech Lead in the video game industry
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

There has been some confusion around this an di apologize. We released a video about it a LOOOONNNGGGG time ago and we have all slept since then. We are working on doors and tops first and then will move down the product list. I have been saying not confirmed because it is so far out. I have no timing on this product, and likely wont for awhile. Hope that all makes sense.

CassieAtBestop
While I get it, you guys need to stop teasing what looks like finished products months or a year in advance. It create false hope to people just begging to send money your way.

I was waiting on it, but will not wait the entire summer just like I did with the sunrider for hardtop.
Sponsored