Lets say I am cancelling my Firecracker 392 XR... Hypothetically

DayJ

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL392XR
So I ordered my 22 Firecracker 392 XR back in December... So it should be around the corner... With the world going to crap and some life events, I am considering cancelling my order. However it appears that they sell quite well after you drive it off the lot. What are some options? Can I sell my place in line?? Pic of current rig for attention.

20220421_170354.jpg
Sponsored

sigsegv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
My understanding (I don't work at a dealership and don't buy and sell cars for a living...) is that the dealer is only obligated to sell to the person on the order. If you mess with that, why would the dealership not sell it with a large ADM? XR orders have been closed since February and the 392 in general hasn't been on order sheets for two weeks.

Edit: as someone that had a 3.6 and now has a 392 I would also recommend not driving it if you don't want to keep it.

Last edited:

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
So I ordered my 22 Firecracker 392 XR back in December... So it should be around the corner... With the world going to crap and some life events, I am considering cancelling my order. However it appears that they sell quite well after you drive it off the lot. What are some options? Can I sell my place in line?? Pic of current rig for attention.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lets say I am cancelling my Firecracker 392 XR... Hypothetically 20220421_170354
Your order sounds a lot like what I have. I did not order mine. I cold called a local dealership asked about placing an order, they told me the 6-12 months, which was not interesting to me, and for what ever reason they had a custom order Firecracker, XR, etc. that the person who ordered it decided to back out. Fluke timing and I drove off with my current JLUR. None of that answers your question. If you can swing it, I would keep the order, keep the Jeep if you like it and if it does not work out sit on it for a few months and sell it. Reason I say that is when I sold my 18 JLUR this year I sold it for more than I paid for it new. It requires a few more steps than walking away, but you may make a few dollars or you may fall in love lol! Either way, the dealership isn’t going to do $hit for you and would be more than happy to sell it to the next person in line with a healthy mark up. And based on the few Jeep dealerships I have dealt with I have zero plans to do anything that benefits them lol!

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
Are you getting at invoice or msrp? If invoice I would just buy it worst case after taxes you could break even if you decide not to keep it.

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)

Jeep Wrangler JL Lets say I am cancelling my Firecracker 392 XR... Hypothetically 20220421_170354
Sell your place in line (or allocation)? That's not an option. You either pick it up or forfeit your allocation. Hopefully you can get any deposit back using your "life events" vocabulary.

... and yeah don't drive it if you don't intend to complete the purchase. That would be a mistake lol.

Sponsored

BEACHED WHALE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
my 392 came in yesterday and I cancelled it due to a MUCH higher cost of living. So the $25,000 engine wasnt in my budget. However a standard wrangler is :)

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR

If you can deal with the financials, and the hassle, the best choice for maximum profit would be buy it, then sell it.

The market could change between now and when it arrives. Worst case you bail and the dealer sells it and gets the profit.

OP
OP
DayJ

DayJ

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL392XR
Sell your place in line (or allocation)? That's not an option. You either pick it up or forfeit your allocation. Hopefully you can get any deposit back using your "life events" vocabulary.

... and yeah don't drive it if you don't intend to complete the purchase. That would be a mistake lol.
Fully refundable deposit, had it written in. ;-)

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Fully refundable deposit, had it written in. ;-)
10-4 - wish you could complete the purchase... totally understandable if other things are in the way. Best wishes either way.

Sponsored

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
You can buy it and flip it. Problem is you will have to take the tax hit.

Sam

OP
OP
DayJ

DayJ

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL392XR
OP