First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
haha Yeah, I totally get the slamming on the brakes thing. Someone is turning right or left in a turning lane and the Subaru would slam on the brakes. It didn't happen often but enough that it annoyed me and I felt bad for the people behind me who were probably thinking "don't brake check me a-hole!"

I never used lane keep assist, I could see how it would be good for a drunk person though.... I turned all that beeping crap off on the Subaru. It was so annoying, that thing beeped more than any car ever.
Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I was shopping 22 months ago, right at the beginning of Covid so some aspects of the market were very different. I usually look at cars that are 2-3 years old, after the depreciation has happened. This doesn't work with Wranglers, the used market is very close to the new market. It doesn't make sense financially to buy a used Wrangler unless that is the only way to find what you want.
When I was looking at Wranglers there wasn't much stock available but there weren't many buyers either. I found some good deals but procrastinated and they eventually sold so when I got ready to buy I had to search for used and found a 2 year old JLU Sport with 7000 miles. It was in my budget so that's what I have. I didn't get much warranty and haven't needed it. I don't regret my choice.

Discussing used vs. new- I have resources to handle repairs so warranty wasn't that important to me. For the average buyer considering used I would suggest buying from a local dealer so you can get little things fixed within whatever warranty they will give you. For new, order or buy off the lot from anybody in the country and you can get warranty repairs done at your local dealer. Check cars.com for any distance from you and see what prices are nationwide for what you want.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
haha Yeah, I totally get the slamming on the brakes thing. Someone is turning right or left in a turning lane and the Subaru would slam on the brakes. It didn't happen often but enough that it annoyed me and I felt bad for the people behind me who were probably thinking "don't brake check me a-hole!"

I never used lane keep assist, I could see how it would be good for a drunk person though.... I turned all that beeping crap off on the Subaru. It was so annoying, that thing beeped more than any car ever.
Yep, the last car was a Subie, and like a Moron I bough two of them, at the same time. So I couldnā€™t even get a respite from the system now and then.

Wife drives an Acura now, still wanted all the drive assist gizmos so her car is equipped that way. I like my vehicle analog when it comes to the act of actually piloting it down the road, so I donā€™t have either of the safety packages. I got all the others, but not those.

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
I'm in Phoenix and ordered mine from Gupton in Tennessee. I went to a couple dealers and they had the stickers off the windows on the front seats with their own stickers at $10k over MSRP. It wasn't worth trying to convince them that there are dealers 5 or 6% under invoice. I'll fly to TN and have a weekend trip driving my new ride.
Buy a new one. Most people will have their orders filled in two months which isn't very long.

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Yep, the last car was a Subie, and like a Moron I bough two of them, at the same time. So I couldnā€™t even get a respite from the system now and then.

Wife drives an Acura now, still wanted all the drive assist gizmos so her car is equipped that way. I like my vehicle analog when it comes to the act of actually piloting it down the road, so I donā€™t have either of the safety packages. I got all the others, but not those.
Soooo..... no Tesla for you? My buddy is in the autopilot beta, he loves it.

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Good afternoon everyone,
I have enjoyed the last year or so in my search for a Wrangler, nearly any question can be answered with a good search on this forum and I appreciate everyone's input and opinions that I have read.

I am considering purchasing this vehicle, it has 2050 miles on it and is absolutely spotless....but I just cannot get myself to pull the trigger, this market has me a bit jumpy and fear catching the knife just before it falls off the table. It does not have the front camera (which I want but can install another version myself) nor does it have adaptive distance control.

Currently, the price is a couple k over the MSRP listed via private party. The plus's are very low miles, perfect condition and the only negative I can find is price and 26 months since its in-service date.

Anyone want to talk me off the ledge and buy it or walk away and keep lookin? My number one jeep that I was looking for was a V6 Sting with every option...this is a very close #2. My primary use is on the pavement as a grocery getter and dog hauler. The secondary use will be on vacation on the coast in California and some occasional trails in Big Bear, Sedona, Flagstaff and hopefully an annual trip to Ourey/Alpine/St. George and Moab. Not much of a rock crawler yet.

Thanks everyone.
Was in a similar boat, found an absolutely clean Mojito Rubicon with low miles, however the dealer wouldnā€™t budge on $5K over MSRP for a two year old Jeep. Ultimately my nearest Costco Jeep dealer ordered a Rubicon as I wanted it for $700 under invoice. Took 90 days to get, but totally worth it and ultimately cheaper than the used oneā€¦

McKenzie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR; 2016 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Education
Good afternoon everyone,
I have enjoyed the last year or so in my search for a Wrangler, nearly any question can be answered with a good search on this forum and I appreciate everyone's input and opinions that I have read.

I am considering purchasing this vehicle, it has 2050 miles on it and is absolutely spotless....but I just cannot get myself to pull the trigger, this market has me a bit jumpy and fear catching the knife just before it falls off the table. It does not have the front camera (which I want but can install another version myself) nor does it have adaptive distance control.

Currently, the price is a couple k over the MSRP listed via private party. The plus's are very low miles, perfect condition and the only negative I can find is price and 26 months since its in-service date.

Anyone want to talk me off the ledge and buy it or walk away and keep lookin? My number one jeep that I was looking for was a V6 Sting with every option...this is a very close #2. My primary use is on the pavement as a grocery getter and dog hauler. The secondary use will be on vacation on the coast in California and some occasional trails in Big Bear, Sedona, Flagstaff and hopefully an annual trip to Ourey/Alpine/St. George and Moab. Not much of a rock crawler yet.

Thanks everyone.
As others have indicated - getting exactly what you want is priceless, PLUS, you get a better deal. I thought about buying a Jeep off the lot - it was close, BUT, they had options I didnā€™t want to pay for (example, the ā€˜upgradedā€™ wheels - I like the standard better, and I want something else anyway).

if you really needed a vehicle, desperately, youā€™re probably not relying on getting a wrangler. Itā€™s a dumb (awesome) purchase. If youā€™re gonna be dumb (like the rest of us), go all in. The wait sucks, but not more than regret.

also, granite crystal and sting are both gray, but theyā€™re very different (my brother in law has had both now). They both have their upsides (but Punkā€™n rules!), but if one is your deal I donā€™t see the other ticking that box

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted neither on mine, so that is the way my jeep is, I like having to pay attention when i drive no matter how long. It is personal choice so I would order the jeep the way you want it

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
If you want adaptive cruise control at all (and you DO even if you don't think you do) then get one with adaptive cruise. I tried to add it to mine about 45 days after ordering and dealer said, "nope, too late" I wish I would have gotten it.
I have the adaptive cruise and really liked it, at first.
After a trip through the Rocky Mountains I havenā€™t used it since and would never request that option again.
Reason being is I would use it then after awhile I realize the vehicle I was comfortably following at 5 mph over the speed limit had gradually slowed doen to 5 mph under the limit yet due to the adaptive cruise I hadnā€™t noticed.
I havenā€™t used it since that trip.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My wife's Honda has adaptive cruise control. In my experience, it's most effective at illustrating how poorly the driver in front of me maintains his speed...even when the following distance is set to its maximum. The sensation of my vehicle independently speeding up and slowing down essentially forces me to be a passenger in his vehicle.

Also, the abrupt change in speed that occurs when someone attempts to fill the gap can sometimes be worse. So: Nein, Danke! to that particular option.
Sponsored