Sponsored

Let's be careful out there, folks: Woman Ejected As Jeep Rolls Down Switchbacks On Bridal Veil Road

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Wow, that was a close call for the video Jeep, literally a second or 2. Hope the passenger recovers, being thrown out saved her life...
Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
About a year and a half ago I started incorporating this question into the drivers meetings I hold: Does everyone have an adjusted and functioning parking brake?

It's also been a point of inspection when doing Re-TQ's and general pre-wheeling trip look-overs.

I personally have had 2 times where my parking brake failed me. One was on the trail. Luckily I was able to chase my jeep down and jump in through the back seat and pull up even harder on the lever. Second was at the top of my driveway and my Jeep went through my shed.

I'm usually the guy that gets out to help people behind me and I always used the parking brake. My cable was so worn out that you could practically pull the lever into your armpit. It was time to fix that... after the trail incident.

I'm glad they're both alive and hopefully they recover well. If you've ever been to Black Bear Pass, you know it's not a spot to make mistakes or have anything unfortunate happen.

Those pics are a good reminder to double check your parking brake...

If you have ever disconnected the cables at the drum in the rear, double check that the cable is still connected in the console. You won't know it unless you pull on the cables before re-connecting them. If the cable is very loose and pulls much further than the drum itself, it's disconnected. @mgroeger just went through this and I'm going through it myself after installing the long-arm on my 2 door. It happens most commonly when feeding the cables under the rear cross-member.

Bonus pic of Jeep vs Shed...

IMG_1293.jpeg
I remember when you posted pics of that happening. Crazy

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Video

sorrry there’s something odd about the link. I deleted it

Anonymous

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR
Again prayers to the folks that were involved. Video has emerged of the incident and this is just scary and unfortunate. Hope a speedy and full recovery is attainable.

• Wow
Reactions: WVB

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thanks for the Follow-Up, so glad this tragedy wasn't worse. Having her dog will help the woman recover..
Sponsored