Let us hear that you want Core Doors!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
It's been 14 months since this thread was started. The owners have spoken. Where are the doors?
Sponsored

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon Unlimited Snazzberry
So what about those doors, what did the survey do for this cause? No good options out there, would mean you get all the sales.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oIIIIIIo 2022 Jeep JL 392 1972 VW Beetle
So I ended up going with the OEM Jeep Half doors. I would have certainly bought a set of 4 core doors, but the delay made the crazy OEM half door price seem palatable. Kinda like: "We don't have any broccoli, want some brussels sprouts instead?"🙄

I will say the Jeep doors are very nice and I am storing them in their boxes as I wait for spring. If the core doors had been an option at like $2000 for a set of 4 like the survey said, I think I would still go with the OEM Jeep half doors because they are more than twice as good as the Core doors. At closer to $1000 for 4 core doors, then I would have a tougher decision.

Here is the Jeep delivered today and the pic below is the Half doors stored in our basement. Good luck to everyone I hope BestTop starts production soon, it's too late for my money.
Jeep Wrangler JL Let us hear that you want Core Doors! IMG_2097.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Let us hear that you want Core Doors! IMG_2114.JPG

Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Any update from Bestop on these? For all of us dealing with the frustration of trying to get Mopar half doors there is certainly a market for these. Plus the upper twill to match the premium soft top would be incredible. Missed opportunity for Bestop.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Certainly seems like a low priority item for them. Given how crazy expensive the Mopar versions are they certainly could get some sales.
Well, I'm not buying Mopar Half doors unless the price is like $3,000, which they'll never be. I can do SO MANY THINGS to my jeep for The $6,000 those doors will cost.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Come on @Bestop we want core doors!

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I have a feeling Bestop promised Jeep (contractually) they will not come out with competition to the JL half doors for X period of time. After all they supply the stock soft top to Jeep. Just my speculation.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I had a lengthy conversation with a Bestop rep about this. He said the bean counters were to blame, that the initial cost to bring them to market wasn’t worth the return of investment to them.

Sucks.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Why? JL sales are crazy high. Should be plenty of takers, especially given how rare OEM half doors are.

All I can figure is that the price point gets into what buying “used” OEM half doors can be bought for.

Last edited:

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Roughly 1.6 million JK Wranglers built from 2007-2018 and just under 700,000 Wranglers built from 2018-2020 (probably some overlap in 2018). I don’t know what the 21-23 numbers are, but it’s a safe bet that they’re at a million total JL’s built.

Wrangler production numbers

If there’s an ROI with the JK market, there’s an ROI with the JL market as they are on pace for total builds matching the JK during its lifetime.
Sponsored

Reactions: RZ.