UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. This is like the retractable sunshade thread that Cassie started over two years ago.

Wish in one hand and crap in the other - see which one you fill up first.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oIIIIIIo 2022 Jeep JL 392 1972 VW Beetle
It's not really about "petitions". We wouldn't make an investment this large because of a petition count. It's more a matter of letting enough JL and JTs into the market to be able to support a product with as much tooling cost as these have. I think we're beginning to get to that level but still, please be patient :) This will take time.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thanks for the update Lee! I can completely understand the business requirements for market size to justify the development costs. I think for every post here there are lots of people who would jump on a set of core doors because they are so much better than what is out on the market right now. So I and thousands like me will just wait but I think eventually it will make financial sen$e to produce the core doors for the JL. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Keep us posted!

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I don't understand that. You know the jl isn't going anywhere, so if you invest now you'll make your money back sooner as people will start buying now.

If you invest later people are going to buy something else and you lose sales

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
You know the jl isn't going anywhere, so if you invest now you'll make your money back sooner as people will start buying now.

Without disagreeing with the matter of investment expenses mentioned by Lee/Bestop, the text quoted here makes sense.

The JL platform is four, soon to be five years old. Now, FCA really phoned it in when they recycled the JLU's rear doors for the Gladiator, but by doing so they concurrently and painlessly doubled the potential market for vendors who do, may or will manufacture aftermarket doors of any design or purpose. And so one can legitimately wonder why an improved door design, intended for a not-frugal enthusiast market, continues to flutter in the wind.

Last edited:

Sponsored

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I know it doesn’t matter, but I’m one of those people. I was ready to drop money on them, this thread gave me hope, but then they said they shelved the project. So I went through the PITA process of finding take off factory half doors and getting them painted.

I’d have rather had the core doors. I didn’t want fancy painted half doors, just rugged bare core doors but oh well.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I'm looking for front OEM half doors now. I don't care if they have handling or shipping damage because they will have to be painted anyway. I don't even want uppers, because I'll never use them with a top.

I'm giving up on these.

Last edited:

Frostbyte

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392XR, 2019 WK2 LtdX, 2017 JK, 2006 XK
Something tells me that we won't be seeing core doors offered until they stop making the JL model (2023?). I bet there's a deal between Bestop and Jeep that Jeep will use Bestop Sunrider tops as long as Bestop doesn't compete with Jeep's other options like their half doors. That would be a smart business deal but sucks for those of us wanting Core Doors.

Sponsored

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Something tells me that we won't be seeing core doors offered until they stop making the JL model (2023?). I bet there's a deal between Bestop and Jeep that Jeep will use Bestop Sunrider tops as long as Bestop doesn't compete with Jeep's other options like their half doors. That would be a smart business deal but sucks for those of us wanting Core Doors.
the JK ran for 11 years (07-18). The JL will be around past 2023.

Rover72

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Land Rover
I would be interested in the core doors for my 2022 Rubicon.

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I would be interested in the core doors for my 2022 Rubicon.
me too. Ive been holding out buying tube doors for these, but i have a feeling its still going to be a while if ever. and the mopar half doors at 4-5k is out of my price range.

StardogGT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Cobra, '04 F250 Diesel, '16 Focus ST, '21 JLUR
Please make core doors for my '21 JLUR.
Jon
Sponsored