2018 JLUR

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
If they want to sell core doors for the JL/JLU market they are seriously going to need to keep them at $1000.00 or so. Unfortunately for me I bought the 2 piece fabric doors for my JLU, absolute junk. They don’t fit well, and the uppers open up away from the door frame at any speed above 50mph causing all of the rain on the outside to be on the inside. Bestop had an opportunity to corner the market if they would have gotten on it with the core doors, but Mopar beat them to it. I mean I can get a new Jeep, and if you opt for the half doors, even on a basic sport model you automatically get power door locks with a remote, and even get power windows on your full size doors, as well as the option to add proximity door locks to both the half and full doors. If you have the remote and a auto trans you can get a aftermarket remote start for about $99. So really the sport may be the way to go, unfortunately no remote start for me as I want a 2 dr willys with a 6 speed, and of course half doors.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Just added everything up for a 4 door for the element doors with enclosures and uppers. If you’re starting from scratch, and get twill uppers, it’s just under $2,400.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
@avnmech
So for someone who owns those soft doors, in your opinion, are they worth a purchase if I'd only use them for the warmer months and probably not for much highway driving? Like... are they worth the price just for putzing around town? I know you also have to get mirrors that work with them, so that adds even more to the cost.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
They are not core doors but look like a possible option, albeit expensive option. How weather tight would you say they are?
I would say not %100 but plenty enough to stay comfortable. The uppers need to be bent inward toward the Jeep when you first get them in order to form a good seal.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Mikeb16

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Received the enclosure panels over the weekend and they seem like they are going to hold up pretty good! Just waiting on the element doors to ship, hopefully some time this week!
Post pics!

Mikeb16

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Post pics!
I will post some pictures of the panels when I get off of work! I'm hoping the doors will ship out this week! Just need to figure out what mirrors I want to go with, torn between the CMM mirrors or getting the JK mirrors that mount to the element doors!

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I will post some pictures of the panels when I get off of work! I'm hoping the doors will ship out this week! Just need to figure out what mirrors I want to go with, torn between the CMM mirrors or getting the JK mirrors that mount to the element doors!
Oh yeah, I mean when you're all assembled and on your rig. There isn't much in the way of photos of these on JLs.

I'd look at the Bestop TJ mirrors for element doors, they look mostly factory and don't need that weird mirror cup like JK mirrors. https://www.amazon.com/Bestop-51261-01-Replacement-Mirror/dp/B001AWHZ28

Mikeb16

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Oh yeah, I mean when you're all assembled and on your rig. There isn't much in the way of photos of these on JLs.

I'd look at the Bestop TJ mirrors for element doors, they look mostly factory and don't need that weird mirror cup like JK mirrors. https://www.amazon.com/Bestop-51261-01-Replacement-Mirror/dp/B001AWHZ28
I will definitely get some before and after pictures with them assembled and installed. The only pictures I found of them installed was one picture on the instructions and that was it. Only pictures I could find were of just the element doors.

I will look into those mirrors, I wish there was a way to get the factory JL mirrors to work but that might be a project in the future!

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
Here you are!
Enclosures
https://www.bestop.com/products/hig...ep-2020-2021-gladiator-2018-2021-wrangler-jl/

Uppers
https://www.bestop.com/products/hig...ep-2020-2021-gladiator-2018-2021-wrangler-jl/

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

[/QUOTE]

Ordered the enclosure directly from Bestop on Friday - hasn't shipped yet (didn't see it on retailers' sites). Ordered the top panels elsewhere. This will be my trail riding setup, since the core doors never happened :mad:; I sure hope they hold back a little bit of water when fording or in mud, although I wouldn't be shocked if they don't.