Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
I’m with you...

Except unlike in my CJ days I wear nice clothes most days and have a leather interior and lots of electronics I don’t want getting wet when the weather turns unexpectedly.

If I wanted leaky, flappy, Ill-fitting doors I’d make my own out of trash bags and coat hangers . I wouldn’t pay bestop $2000 for them
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I’m with you...

Except unlike in my CJ days I wear nice clothes most days and have a leather interior and lots of electronics I don’t want getting wet when the weather turns unexpectedly.

If I wanted leaky, flappy, Ill-fitting doors I’d make my own out of trash bags and coat hangers . I wouldn’t pay bestop $2000 for them
With all due respect, @MILT , it doesn't sound like you have any hands on experience with our Core Door system. These are cast aluminum lowers with OEM Style uppers.
Jeep Wrangler JL Let us hear that you want Core Doors! 1605569735896

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Shelby73

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
These would be awesome would love a set for our Jeep been asking Bestop for almost 2 years straight to start making these

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Plus it's an item the 2 doors don't get ignored with!

Sponsored

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
With all due respect, @MILT , it doesn't sound like you have any hands on experience with our Core Door system. These are cast aluminum lowers with OEM Style uppers.
Jeep Wrangler JL Let us hear that you want Core Doors! 1605569735896

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
My only experience is two club members who have the doors. One loves the doors after hours of adjustment. Another has had nothing but fitment problems, rattles, leaks.

I love the idea. For the cost I would expect minimal need for adjustments and excellent function. It’s a significant investment with uncertain return at this point, based on my real world experience.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I really wanted core doors when I saw them for the JK. I thought about tube doors and now that Motobilt and JCR are starting to offer half doors I was intrigued. JCR front half doors are 600$ bare metal and I think that is a fair price. Mopar tube doors are even more expensive than that and I truly don't understand it. I know everyone wants to pay less, but I don't even want something that is unfeasible. Paying 1000$ for JUST the bottoms is absolutely insane to me. I could never find that reasonable. Maybe I am in the wrong here and that price really reflects RND and manufacturing costs, but count me out as a customer if just the lowers are 1000$.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Why do you need a survey when we've been begging for these FOR TWO YEARS? That said, the JK's Core Doors are overpriced IMO. My level of excitement when the JK doors came out was high enough that I might have paid $3K. But my interest has waned since then. I'm not willing to spend more than $2K for core doors AND the uppers.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

How about good ole soft bottom and top doors? I loved the ones I had on my TJ. Could easily take them on and off and even put them in the back seat in a pinch. Was especially nice to have them just in case of inclement weather... My neighbor has the JK version, they leak and are just as noisy as my soft doors.

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU white Rubicon, 2019 BMW R1250GSA 2019 Honda Talon 1000x
I’d love a set

Sponsored

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Hey @Bestop - How we looking here on the Core Doors? If so, any rough idea on when - Q1 2021, Q2?

Lastly, I saw some JK owners painted theirs body color. I haven’t looked at the JK options on your site, but do you offer raw aluminum (for painting) and textured black for the JKs and, if so, I hope the same option will be offered for JL.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
It would be $2k for me and that’s not gonna happen

Shelby73

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Hate to bring a dead thread to life, but what’s the word Bestop? You guys going forward or is this idea nixed?

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
How about good ole soft bottom and top doors? I loved the ones I had on my TJ. Could easily take them on and off and even put them in the back seat in a pinch. Was especially nice to have them just in case of inclement weather... My neighbor has the JK version, they leak and are just as noisy as my soft doors.
Like this?

2FECB59D-3F8D-475A-AF15-60FE2F3E59FB.jpeg
Sponsored