Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
The doors are nice, but at those prices I would probably pass on them. Not including the uppers is kind of a kick in the pants when paying those prices.
I understand and thanks for the feedback. Just understand that if we only had them available in bundles, some people would see that as a kick in the pants as well.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUS, 22 Ram, 14 Must GT, 94 Cobra
Form filled out. Can I order a set now?

Glad to hear these may be happening. I am really hoping to have a set of half doors w/uppers (either these or the Mopar ones) by next spring.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
For now, I have the Element trail doors given the lack of Core Doors, but have not bought the uppers for it as there is no saddle bag nor metal cover for the lowers yet - why?? Bestop, if you don't come out with JL core doors, can you at least release the parts to complete the Element lowers? It's like you can put a shirt on but still have only underpants on right now. (and this is why in the action photo here the Element doors are NOT on - trying to keep some of the mud out)

I also had considered the fabric doors, but I hear those are noisy, don't seal well, and are really just more of temporary option. The core doors would be the superior product; I like you can easily remove the core's panel whereas on an Element you aren't really going to be unbolting the metal cover (could un-veclro the storage bags version though).

Edit: and after the above comment, I did the survey. Yes, I would pay $1000 for a front-only pair for my 2 door plus buy the uppers. But at $2k per pair - ouch; that would be $4000 for lowers-only if I had a 4 door!!! I spend a lot on my Jeep, but there are limits.

Last edited:

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I like them. That review video showed how well they appear to be made and how well they fit. I would not be interested in the uppers, but if I was I would want an outside finish like the Core Door and sliding glass instead of the zippered soft window.

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
I completed the survey and would pay $2k for these IF they are MANUFACTURED IN THE USA. I do my best to utilize only USA manufactured parts on my Jeep - and I can get USA manufactured trail doors that are close in looks to these for about the same price. If they are not manufactures in the USA, then no deal for this patriot.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
I would NOT want glass in the upper doors, as The Last Cowboy indicated, as the reason I wheel with my Bestop soft top is so as to NOT break that glass out on the trail (and I can open the sunrider).

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
They seem really interesting. How is the long term waterproofing with the plates in? That is a concern that they either become loose or let water in after a while.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I do want a more permanent half door option, with weather stripping and uppers. I do not want to swap doors, for example I leave the Bestop softop on year round, the hard top’s permanent place is hanging in garage. That being, I am willing to pay more for quality, and for the ability to leave the half doors on full time. Tube doors, and JCR’s doors do not meet my requirements. I have a 2 door, so I hope there would be fitment for my Jeep, and not just 4 door. I don’t know if there is any difference, just stating.

Sponsored

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
A lot of this is perspective for me. My first Jeep was a Jeep CJ-5. There was NO hard top NO hard doors. Soft top and soft doors were an option when buying. The doors were a wire frame with fabric snapped over the frame.....NO weather strip around the doors and as you drove at HWY speeds...the top and doors would “inhale & exhale” constantly with changing air pressure from speed. There was no AC...and the heater would barely keep you warm ............All that said that...having a tube door or the new half door or the Best top Core Door is a great value.

Today...in our Jeep community, We have it so good that we are spoiled and want it ALL at an affordable price.

Most guys who have been at this for a while are OK without doors at all...or with a half door.

what’s the point of complaining about a Core door that leaks ?
or about a half door that doesn’t have weather stripping?

The whole point of this is the FREEDOM from sealing yourself inside of your weather-proofed, climate controlled interior !

Take your top off, remove your door, let the wind blow through your hair ( if you still have it) and let your toes hang out of the door. Turn the AC off and enjoy your Jeep the open air way!

Its Liberating

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Cause rain pops up out of nowhere here, in the Rocky Mountain region, and it’s nice to throw on uppers in a pinch, close the soft top and be dry and warm in minutes, it’s called versatility. Especially when our Jeeps are also our daily drivers, Exactly like how freedom top works, or sky top, if weather changes, you have options to getting wet.

or you tow your jeep and want to keep the elements Out, so many reasons why you would want the option.d

hipfan39

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK 2 door willys, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Welder
Vehicle Showcase
Two fifty for a hi-ball
And a buck and a half for a beer