GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
Hey guys,
Please help us make Core Doors for JL a reality by letting us know that there is an interest by completing this quick survey!
https://survey.typeform.com/to/f0ee176q

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I have some unsolicited feedback on the design:

I am not sure others would agree, but I think the doors would look much better if the opening of the removable panel followed the counters of the door edge. The bump out between the hinges detracts from the design imo.

Cheers
Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
My 2c.. Let's ignore the look of these vs factory or other doors, as that's just, like, your opinion, man (I do like the look of the core doors personally). So, besides the look, what are the benefits of a half door vs a tube door? I can think of a couple of reasons... You feel a bit less exposed while driving around; it stops crap from flying into the cab; they can be converted to full doors "in the field" if needed.

What are the highlights of the core doors? They have probably the best fit & finish for an aftermarket door & they are a "complete" half door (inside isn't raw), which is important to some folks (me included). They have uppers available.

That being said.... When you add in the extremely overpriced uppers, they're not that much less than the factory half doors. The uppers have several reviews of poor fitment & leaking, and are only available in twill - so you end up with a patchwork of various materials if you have a black diamond soft top. It doesn't add up to a very good value.

The Bestop Element doors with enclosures and fabric uppers would net you most of the advantages of a half door at a much lower overall cost. Sure, they're not as tight of a seal on the door part, but if the uppers aren't a tight seal on the Core Doors then is there really much of a point? Inexplicably, the element enclosures aren't available for the JL but the uppers are (in black diamond and twill no less). I'd like to know the rationale behind that one!

Truth be told, I'd be more inclined to pull the trigger on the Element doors if/when the enclosure kit is available. Tube doors when I want them. Half doors when I want them, leaky full doors when it rains. That's OK value for about $1000 all in.

TJdesersand

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Windstar
Seriously, the complete lack of half doors was imo a good opportunity to corner the market. I dont understand why there hasnt been an interest in making the core doors for the JL until now, AFTER mopar has made i official that hey are making half doors. I'd prefer the core doors, but honestly, I've gone from a guaranteed client to a probable client and price is now a factor since there are mopar options.
Many believe the uppers, use same mounting points, as OEM. Might be the same upper.

rubigator

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I will buy them right now. I want a weather resistant lighter door for towing my Jeep with my RV. Something I can leave at the campsite or leave part of it at the campsite.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
JK doors are too expensive, it is on par with OEM JL half doors.

Sponsored

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I like them, said as much in the survey. I have been eyeing them up for over a year. Make a great present under the Christmas tree @Bestop

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 w/ 3.0
Make the outer door smooth and not an border/inner portion. Think they look thrown together with this look. Seems like a good place for dirt, road grime, etc to collect as well.

Go for more of the JK Strike Force Zebra (stupid name) approach to half doors. You do this, I would be a buyer. Go the Core Door route, no way. I'd rather go JCR. Seems to me it would be simpler to make it one piece like that instead of the inner/outer portion.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
OK, I'll be the dummy I guess. What the heck are "core" doors?

Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
yea worst video making person around..... LoL don't like him at all.... and not a fan of the doors...

surffisher2a

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator and 2021 Wrangler Sahara
The doors are nice, but at those prices I would probably pass on them. Not including the uppers is kind of a kick in the pants when paying those prices.
Sponsored